This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    That's hilarious. I know I won't like the Siracha Rouge. I only have a mild taste for Stouts and Porters, but I particularly don't like the ones that are spicy / brewed with peppers.
    One of my very favoritist beers is End of Days imperial stout by Pipeworks Brewing and it has chiles! Delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      One of my very favoritist beers is End of Days imperial stout by Pipeworks Brewing and it has chiles! Delicious!
      I have had beer with hints of chili that I have enjoyed. Rogue does not do subtle in their specialty beers. Their Voodoo Donuts Maple/Bacon bar beer tasted like Maple syrup and liquid smoke, not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        I have had beer with hints of chili that I have enjoyed. Rogue does not do subtle in their specialty beers. Their Voodoo Donuts Maple/Bacon bar beer tasted like Maple syrup and liquid smoke, not good.
        yuck

Comment

Yea their "normal" beers are much better. I think we've talked about this before, but they make a honey kolsch that's to die for. (if you're into kolsches). It's made with honey from bees that pollinate their hop farms.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Yea their "normal" beers are much better. I think we've talked about this before, but they make a honey kolsch that's to die for. (if you're into kolsches). It's made with honey from bees that pollinate their hop farms.
            At your suggestion I did try that one and it is a good summer beer. My favorite beer it their Dead Guy Ale!

Comment

At your suggestion I did try that one and it is a good summer beer. My favorite beer it their Dead Guy Ale!
              I like Dead Guy, but I think the older I get, the more "mellow" a beer I prefer. I think I drank and liked every IPA that existed 10 years ago, now these days I'm super picky.

Instagram

Comment

I've never been much of a hop-head, but am even much less so these days...plus, like you, Dan, I've also mellowed my tastes in general. The stouts that I used to enjoy have given way to Ambers and Blondes, even a lager. That said, my default go-to beer is still a brown or a Scotch ale, if they have either (which typically is tough to find in these hop-loving area of WA state), and dubbels are always nice. But anything in that malty Amber/Brown/Scotch range down to a Blonde is my sweet spot...I don't even look at IPAs any more. My two current favorites are Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale and Black Raven Second Sight Scotch ale...fortunately I know where to find those two around here. But I do like to mix it up from time to time with something else malty and light(ish).
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I like Dead Guy, but I think the older I get, the more "mellow" a beer I prefer. I think I drank and liked every IPA that existed 10 years ago, now these days I'm super picky.
                  I have to admit that I rarely drink beer. For several years Dead Guy was probably my favorite beer. Currently if it is available the Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat Ale would be my go to.
                  tangerine-beer.png

Comment

I have to admit that I rarely drink beer. For several years Dead Guy was probably my favorite beer. Currently if it is available the Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat Ale would be my go to.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21209[/ATTACH]
                    I don't think I could even pick a favorite beer. I don't think I drink any one beer consistently enough for it to be my favorite. When I go out it's usually to either breweries or tap rooms and I drink a different beer every glass. Mostly lately I've been exploring weird and different ciders, and well bourbon.

Instagram

Comment

I don't think I could even pick a favorite beer. I don't think I drink any one beer consistently enough for it to be my favorite. When I go out it's usually to either breweries or tap rooms and I drink a different beer every glass. Mostly lately I've been exploring weird and different ciders, and well bourbon.
                      I probably drink one to two beers a month so calling one a favorite is a stretch. But is my current go to if it is available. I love a good Bourbon. Unfortunately to local distillers are still finding their way around here. I have only found one local whiskey worth ordering. Funny thing is it drinks like a bourbon to my and drinks like a scotch to my friend who loves scotch.

It is McMenanim's Hogshead Whiskey:
                      WWM-HogsheadWhiskey.jpg

There is a distiller in Cannon Beach Oregon that is purported to make some fantastic whiskey but the problem is that make it in such small batches they sell out within days of release. They have said they would be willing to email upon release but it is almost a two hour drive to get it at that point so have not bothered. Especially when I am not sure which one I would prefer and they release one at a time.
                      whiskey+lineup.jpg

Comment

When it comes to spirits, rum is my spirit of choice. While not as popular in these parts as whiskey and bourbon, it does seem to be gaining some popularity...just in the last few couple years two rum distilleries have opened up nearby (in Woodinville, for local folks) for tours, tastings, etc. Kinda fun.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          When it comes to spirits, rum is my spirit of choice. While not as popular in these parts as whiskey and bourbon, it does seem to be gaining some popularity...just in the last few couple years two rum distilleries have opened up nearby (in Woodinville, for local folks) for tours, tastings, etc. Kinda fun.
                          I have been able to taste a couple of Cannon Beach Distillers Rums and they make some good stuff. If you get down to the north Oregon coast you may want to check them out.

Comment

Will do — thanks for the tip. My in-laws live on the Oregon coast, so I’ll be there at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              Will do — thanks for the tip. My in-laws live on the Oregon coast, so I’ll be there at some point.
                              Whenever I stop in they have several rums and several gins. The rums are really nice, the gins are good for gin put still kind of like drinking perfume. There Agave is nice as well.

Comment

Birthday greetings to ozmosis7, hope you have a great day!
                                bat-creature-cake.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X