No announcement yet.

On shipping costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick question Brian, are the only things that don't qualify listed in the link (" Excluded items include It by Stephen King, The Century's Best Horror Fiction, the Cemetery Dance 2012 Limited Edition Calendar, and the 11/22/63 slipcases or traycase.") or are there other books that don't qualify as well?

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
      Just a quick question Brian, are the only things that don't qualify listed in the link (" Excluded items include It by Stephen King, The Century's Best Horror Fiction, the Cemetery Dance 2012 Limited Edition Calendar, and the 11/22/63 slipcases or traycase.") or are there other books that don't qualify as well?
      I think dust jackets and slipcases in general may be excluded as well. Don't quote me on that though as I'm not 100% positive, nor am I 100% with it today as I seem to have caught the plague.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I seem to have answered my own question, I couldn't get the code to work when i typed it myself, but when I copied and pasted it from here it worked. (no space between free and shipping).

Had the plague last week Dan, played Skyrim with a bucket next to me. Hope you get better soon!

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
          Everything else -- books from other publishers, dust jackets, slipcases -- should qualify!

Brian
          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Qudos to CD for this, i can't remember any other publisher offering this! Just a shame i can't spare the cash at the moment what with christmas coming up.

Comment

But this is Christmas in November!

Comment

Originally posted by JDar. View Post
                Although Tasmaniac is located Down Under, the books are printed and distributed in the USA. I always joke with Steve that we get to fondle his books before he does.
                Thanks to Jan for pointing this out to me!
                A mistake of mine for not making clear our standard operations - will rectify this on our website!

Tasmaniac is based in Tasmania (there's a surprise!) but since our fifth release, [I]Cruel Summer[I] by Matt Venne, we've printed our titles in the US. Simply because most of our sales are based in the US and it saves a hell of a lot on shipping fees. We have a US distributor, UK dealers that carry our titles and I also distribute from Tasmania. Taking our last hardcover release, Bone Marrow Stew by Tim Curran, as an example, we charged $5 for postage within the US.

Steve.
                Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
                http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

I don't really mind the cost of shipping. If I really need cheaper shipping I can buy the book off ebay.. That being said I was going to buy the new grab bag but did not have enough money at the time to buy the grab bag plus pay the $50.00 shipping and probably won't for a week or 2 and with my luck lately it will probably be sold out by then. I don't mind the $50.00 shipping because of how many books there are. Its just too bad now that with preorders you can't just pay for the book then pay for the shipping when it's ready to ship like it used to be. I miss that. Plus my ex takes about 20% of my pay since the seperation. So paying for a preorder that I really want and plus the shipping at the same time I can't always do so I have missed out on a few preorders that I really wanted. So im hoping to find them on ebay later.

would be nice to have an option to pay shipping when Item is ready to ship. But I do know that this way makes it a lot easier to keep track of orders by not having to send out a bill when it's time to ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Menace View Post
                    I don't really mind the cost of shipping. If I really need cheaper shipping I can buy the book off ebay.. That being said I was going to buy the new grab bag but did not have enough money at the time to buy the grab bag plus pay the $50.00 shipping and probably won't for a week or 2 and with my luck lately it will probably be sold out by then. I don't mind the $50.00 shipping because of how many books there are. Its just too bad now that with preorders you can't just pay for the book then pay for the shipping when it's ready to ship like it used to be. I miss that. Plus my ex takes about 20% of my pay since the seperation. So paying for a preorder that I really want and plus the shipping at the same time I can't always do so I have missed out on a few preorders that I really wanted. So im hoping to find them on ebay later.

would be nice to have an option to pay shipping when Item is ready to ship. But I do know that this way makes it a lot easier to keep track of orders by not having to send out a bill when it's time to ship.
                    The biggest problem with how we used to do it, was that we'd have order that would sit around for month and years for people who haven't paid their shipping. The new way gets rid of that completely. I mean I still have books sitting here taking up space from probably 3 years ago, that postage was never paid on. It's very frustrating on our end.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Menace View Post
                      I was a big fan of that method, too, because it brought in the postage payments when the postage was being paid to the post office, which helped balance the weekly budget. But we ran into a HUGE problem with customers never paying their shipping bill when the books were ready, which meant we had these books -- which were paid for -- that we couldn't ship. Some people were taking 8 or 9 months to pay -- which meant those books were sitting in the warehouse that whole time, and we have very limited space. If it had just been a couple of people, we could have worked with that, but it was hundreds of customers and thousands of books, and it just made things way too complicated, unfortunately. But I definitely wish we could have kept things the old way!

Brian
                      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I think the orders just need to have the following text added:

"If you choose to defer shiping costs, you will have 2 weeks from the time of the invoicing to pay the shipping costs. If you don't pay the shipping costs within 2 weeks, we're sending your book to Brad".

Yeah, that should work nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                          I was a big fan of that method, too, because it brought in the postage payments when the postage was being paid to the post office, which helped balance the weekly budget. But we ran into a HUGE problem with customers never paying their shipping bill when the books were ready, which meant we had these books -- which were paid for -- that we couldn't ship. Some people were taking 8 or 9 months to pay -- which meant those books were sitting in the warehouse that whole time, and we have very limited space. If it had just been a couple of people, we could have worked with that, but it was hundreds of customers and thousands of books, and it just made things way too complicated, unfortunately. But I definitely wish we could have kept things the old way!

Brian
                          wow u could have a really good sale there email everyone who has a book sitting there waiting for the shipping to be paid . give them 2 weeks to do it and if they don't their book will be resold for 5 dollars plus shipping. with me getting first pick since its my idea hahahahahaha

Comment

Deferred Shipping costs would be amazing for someone on a limited budget like myself. I am always disapointed in shipping costs but someone has to pay it and why should it be CD. The thing that urks me a bit is so many books offering free shipping to the us. I understand the higher cost in international shipping makes it much harder to do for foreigners but I am in Canada, seriously...Its not a huge price difference. I think items that offer free shipping in the us should be at a discounted price for international orders. Something like "Intnl Price - Us Price = what you pay. Meaning international orders would be getting the same monetary difference as the US customers.

Comment

Working...
                            X