Artists You Want to See

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Pennywise Woot and his zombie harem! Cool!
    Yeah, baby, yeah !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
      WTF ????? Contextually, Barker is right up there, IMHO (having said that, true story, I failed colouring in between the lines in 3rd class - about age 6 - and got sent back to kindergarten to learn from the experts - that, and watching Neil Armstrong land on the moon - are the most vivid memories I have of my formative schooling years - so what do I know about art, except its mostly an F short of one of my favourite hobbies in my halcyon daze ).
      Come on man. You can't honestly say what frik posted can compare to a Chadbourne or Miller? It's God awful. Certainlly he must of done other work that look likes an adult's work.
      But you saw ol' Neil land on the moon??? I was about to turn 3 years old in July (Aug. 4th is my actually birthday) of 1969 and even I remember watching it on my grandma's and grandpa's old RCA TV.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
        Come on man. You can't honestly say what frik posted can compare to a Chadbourne or Miller? It's God awful.
        I don't think Barker's art is awful. I'm sure many people love it.
        I don't. It's a style I can't relate to at all.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          I don't think Barker's art is awful. I'm sure many people love it.
          I don't. It's a style I can't relate to at all.

sk
          Count me as one of those dudes who agree with you frik!
          But surely, he has to have other art out there. I was thinking of something mind-bowling like I may have seen in the past, but certainly not the above.

Comment

Well, most of that art is from his Abarat series; I personally like it, but I can't see it illustrating anything other than his young adult novels. Art must compliment the words of an author, and I can't really think of a King work that Barker's art would go with.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Count me as one of those dudes who agree with you frik!
              But surely, he has to have other art out there. I was thinking of something mind-bowling like I may have seen in the past, but certainly not the above.
              Here's a link to the art section of his website.

http://www.clivebarker.info/artindex.html
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Come on man. You can't honestly say what frik posted can compare to a Chadbourne or Miller? It's God awful. Certainlly he must of done other work that look likes an adult's work.
                But you saw ol' Neil land on the moon??? I was about to turn 3 years old in July (Aug. 4th is my actually birthday) of 1969 and even I remember watching it on my grandma's and grandpa's old RCA TV.
                Barker art aside, it's horses for courses really (you either love, like it, hate it, loathe it - or are ambivalent towards it). But, yep, remember the moon landing very well, I was 7, sitting in a country classroom on linoleum in the middle of winter for seven straight hours - fun times

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                  Here's a link to the art section of his website.

http://www.clivebarker.info/artindex.html
                  Now that's more like it Dan. I see at least a dozen I wouldn't mind seeing in books. I do like this one:

mask6.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                    Barker art aside, it's horses for courses really (you either love, like it, hate it, loathe it - or are ambivalent towards it). But, yep, remember the moon landing very well, I was 7, sitting in a country classroom on linoleum in the middle of winter for seven straight hours - fun times
                    LOL they defintely were fun times. Being lil kids and not having to worry about a damn thing except if you're going to get a peanut butter sandwich or a grilled cheese for dinner.
                    What I'd give to go back to those days!!!!

Comment

After seeing his work in Four Legs in the Morning, I'd like to see more from Steven C. Gilberts
                      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                      Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                      X