Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support group for people who enjoy (spend too much money on) signed limited books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Yeah. She said, "No". Again.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      Yeah. She said, "No". Again.
      Don't give up! You could always tell her you're going to keep doing it until she gives in. Maybe make a personalized t-shirt with that on it. You could also tell her I gave you these ideas and that I say she should give in, but she'll probably just wonder who the hell I am, lol
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

It's been more than a week since my last purchase. I catch myself surfing small press sites looking for something; I also will put in a generic subject into book searches and look through thousands of titles. This is maddening at times.

I guess I picked a bad week to go cold turkey on coffee...
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          It's been more than a week since my last purchase. I catch myself surfing small press sites looking for something; I also will put in a generic subject into book searches and look through thousands of titles. This is maddening at times.

I guess I picked a bad week to go cold turkey on coffee...
          I was good for a month, 2 weeks, and 3 days... But then I couldn't resist any longer. I ordered a few books online, bought 3 in a book store (pics will be shared when the wife and little one get back from vacation, they have the camera). Plus CD had the Labor day sale, but thankfully there were no in stock books that I really wanted so I picked up some slipcases instead. ...too bad the offer wasn't good for pre-orders, although my bank account probably says thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            There's always selling blood / other bodily fluids, as well as spare organs.
            this is the kind of ad you need to see....Send CD your spare organs get 50% off your next purchase...I have a spare kidney, half a liver, a spleen plus and eye.. I only need one eye to read. Do you take limbs.

Comment

Argh !!!! I was doing so darn well until ... until .. until .. a guy in the UK (www.analectabooks.com) twisted my rubber arm to purchase one of the Hard Gore Press Limited Edition books (in this case Masterton's "The Sphinx" he has shipped off to the artist (in the case, it was both the exterior and interior artists) for both signing and remarquing ... The remaruqes are awesome ... And ... I ... Should ... Have ... Quit .. At .. One .... But, needless to say, I didn't ... now I'm in hock for four remarques (all Hard Gore Press editions) as well as a couple of other Stephen King related remarques (Glenn Chardbourne and a Vincent Chong) ... Darn !!!!

Comment

Man, this is the place for me. I think I really do need a support group because all I think about are limited editions, in fact as I write this, I'm paying on 3.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                  Man, this is the place for me. I think I really do need a support group because all I think about are limited editions, in fact as I write this, I'm paying on 3.
                  I know what you mean, I've scored Lettereds of both SoD V 1 and SoD V2 during the week (thanks to Mindy) and now need to find organ donors to pay for them (willing, or unwilling, doesn't matter - internal organs are over-rated anyway)

Comment

LOL. Wow you have lettered editions of SOD?? That's one think I don't have...a lettered King novel. And from the prices I've seen, you can buy a pretty decent car for the same amount, but I'd still like one. The only "special" King limited I have is Insomnia and it's only special because it's a single digit limited and the only single digit of any limited I have by any author (I think). I do have lettered versions by other authors...about a dozen I think...but I don't think I'll ever have the money for a King one. My problem is that I'm a knife collector also as well as Swiss watches, so that takes a huge amount of money right there. I keep telling myself I must sell some of my King limiteds but I just can't do it. I was able to sell Desperation, and still miss it as well as The Colorado Kid which I don't miss (the most pathetic "limited edition" I've ever seen). I still have about a dozen with more to come. It really is like an addiction...I did manage to get a copy of IT as well as be able to gather a bunch of DT limiteds and the one coming out in Febuary by Grant. I absolutely must get that one or it will go to someone else and I'll never have a shot at Grant anymore if he publishes a King limited again. One last thing I've mentioned elsewhere on this forum: My limited of Insomnia (#9) has an incredibly tiny spot on the top of the spine that has peeled....it actually came to me that way. I still considered it mint but I guess it's not because of that damn lil thing. It's literally about half the size of the head of a pin. But because of that, I want to get rid of it. It just bothers me so much!

Comment

LOL. Wow you have lettered editions of SOD?? That's one think I don't have...a lettered King novel. And from the prices I've seen, you can buy a pretty decent car for the same amount, but I'd still like one. The only "special" King limited I have is Insomnia and it's only special because it's a single digit limited and the only single digit of any limited I have by any author (I think). I do have lettered versions by other authors...about a dozen I think...but I don't think I'll ever have the money for a King one. My problem is that I'm a knife collector also as well as Swiss watches, so that takes a huge amount of money right there. I keep telling myself I must sell some of my King limiteds but I just can't do it. I was able to sell Desperation, and still miss it as well as The Colorado Kid which I don't miss (the most pathetic "limited edition" I've ever seen). I still have about a dozen with more to come. It really is like an addiction...I did manage to get a copy of IT as well as be able to gather a bunch of DT limiteds and the one coming out in Febuary by Grant. I absolutely must get that one or it will go to someone else and I'll never have a shot at Grant anymore if he publishes a King limited again. One last thing I've mentioned elsewhere on this forum: My limited of Insomnia (#9) has an incredibly tiny spot on the top of the spine that has peeled....it actually came to me that way. I still considered it mint but I guess it's not because of that damn lil thing. It's literally about half the size of the head of a pin. But because of that, I want to get rid of it. It just bothers me so much!
                      Well, SoD V1 is a PC (but, honestly, for the price, I couldn't pass it up) with the SoD V2 being Letter K. I've got a FDNS and IT Lettered on order through CD (was lucky enough to get in early) - apart from that, the only other lettered item associated with King I have at hand is Legacies, which is pretty cool. Man, keep a hold of your Insomnia # 9 (of the numbered King's I have none of them that are under 200) a little blemish like you describe shouldn't effect the value (although, if you're like me, it's not the monetary value of the book, more than it is having a beautiful book - or - lots of beautiful books ). You got in on the Grant WTTK!!!! You lucky bugger!!!! I have a Little Sisters, but it's numbered in the 1,200's so I don't get a look in for WTTK - so it's back to the aftermarket for me after it's released. I guess I'm fortunate, in that my only vice is books (unlike yourself with multiple passions) and I'm at the stage of life where I can afford to indulge myself a little on something I've always loved. Yep, know what you mean about the PS limited of The Colardo Kid. I haven't actually seen a copy of the slipcased limited edition, but did score a traycased edition (which sounds all grand and mighty until you see what's one the "This Is Copy XX" of the signature sheet). I take solace in it having SK's signature on it (as well as the three artists) but, as you say, the presentation is a little disappointing, particularly the traycase itself.

TCK # 1.JPGTCK # 2.JPGTCK # 3.JPGTCK # 4.JPGTCK # 5.JPG

Comment

To be honest i happen to really like 'The Colorado Kid' S/L

Comment

The Colorado Kid which I don't miss (the most pathetic "limited edition" I've ever seen).
                          Really? Have a look at these two editions, the one Grant posted, plus this one.
                          I think they're gorgeous books!

sk

Mine is the Potter edition:

Comment

Maybe you meant the unsigned editions?

Comment

Or the slipcased editions?
                              I again only have the Potter version:

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                                Argh !!!! I was doing so darn well until ... until .. until .. a guy in the UK (www.analectabooks.com) twisted my rubber arm to purchase one of the Hard Gore Press Limited Edition books (in this case Masterton's "The Sphinx" he has shipped off to the artist (in the case, it was both the exterior and interior artists) for both signing and remarquing ... The remaruqes are awesome ... And ... I ... Should ... Have ... Quit .. At .. One .... But, needless to say, I didn't ... now I'm in hock for four remarques (all Hard Gore Press editions) as well as a couple of other Stephen King related remarques (Glenn Chardbourne and a Vincent Chong) ... Darn !!!!
                                Ha! Hard Gore Press do some lovely looking books don't they!!

Comment

Working...
                                X