Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jester05jk
    replied
    Just booked my cabin on the 311 Caribbean Cruise in May. It's 2 days after my bday and lands on my cabinmates.

Leave a comment:

• Greenelk
    replied
    Three 'holidays' planned for next year
    Skiing in the French Alps with the family, hopefully better snow than last season.

It's one of the big birthdays for me next year, so off to Iceland to hopefully see the Aurora Borealis (something I've always wanted to see)

And as there is no Glastonbury festival in 2012 (I do count those 5 days in a tent as a holiday each year), I shall be going to the Latitude festival in July, the final day of which is my actual birthday, so that should be quite some weekend!

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    I wish!
    No, we didn't take any pictures this time.
    These I found on the www.

sk

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Did you take those pics Siep because they are stunning!?

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Off the top of my head, in no particular order:

The Dakota Black Hills, plus of course, Mount Rushmore (both Hitchcock and Dan Simmons made excellent use of this landmark); Badlands National Park; Grand Canyon National Park; Yellowstone National Park; Tombstone (Arizona); Monument Valley; Nederland (Colorado) - just had to go there, as I live in Nederland...; Rocky Mountains National Park; Johnson Space Center (Houston); San Antonio -The Alamo- Texas; The Royal Gorge Bridge(Colorado) ; Saguaro National Park (New Mexico).....

Again, the Utah/Arizona areas were far and away my favorites. I love the rock formations, the colors, the alieness of the landscape...Monument Valley - absolutelu gorgeous!

Last edited by frik51; 08-15-2011, 06:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Terrific!!! Other than the UFO Museum in Roswell, what other sights did you take in?

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    How was your vacation?
    We had an absolutely wonderful time - 8000 miles, 12 states, in 4.5 glorious weeks: Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and back to Texas.

One of our best road-trips ever.

sk

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by misery chastain loves co. View Post
    Frik! You're exactly 1.5 hours away from me! Did you check out the museum? I've only been once, a few years ago, but it's kind of a neat little piece of history no matter what you believe in. Also, there is nothing else to do in Roswell!
    Yes! That's about the only thing we did in Roswell, visit the UFO museum.
    I usually skip museums, but not this one. True, an anuaual piece of history - whatever one believes.
    And, although I love the X-files, especially the alien story thread, I'm not a believer in visitors-from-outer-space.

Of course, before flying home next week, I'm going to see Cowboys and Aliens...

sk

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    Roswell, New Mexico.
    I don't think the truth is out there...
    It is out there, they just moved it out of that area

Leave a comment:

• misery chastain loves co.
    replied
    Frik! You're exactly 1.5 hours away from me! Did you check out the museum? I've only been once, a few years ago, but it's kind of a neat little piece of history no matter what you believe in. Also, there is nothing else to do in Roswell!

It's great reading about all these folks checking out my hometown of Bangor Maine! I actually grew up about 20 minutes outside of Bangor, but most of my family live in the Bangor /Brewer area. Yep, just drive down West Broadway St. and there's HIS house! lol. Check out the library too, it has a whole wing in the Steve and Tabby name! Downtown Bangor where they filmed The Hitchhiker from Creepshow 2, Camden-Thinner, and the Pet Sematery houses! Going for a visit in August for almost three weeks, been three years, cant wait!!! Maybe I'll see some of you!
    Hope everyone has a great summer vacation whatever you do!!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Oh, you know her!!!

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    I met a woman in Roswell back in 2002 who promised me the truth, but she was arrested just before the appointed meeting time...
    If she was the redhead that sits at the end of the bar, then "truth" was a euphemism, and you're probably better off.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I met a woman in Roswell back in 2002 who promised me the truth, but she was arrested just before the appointed meeting time...

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Oh, it's out there. They just won't let you find it, man.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Nearing the end...

Roswell, New Mexico.
    I don't think the truth is out there...

sk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X