Clear All

• frik51
    replied
    Oklahoma City.....

sk

Leave a comment:

• the_last_gunslinger
    replied
    I'm really hoping I can get away this summer, take another trip to Mackinaw City, maybe. Possibly go to the island. Kick back on the shores of the Great Lakes.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Imagine: enjoying a great US vacation and here I am, in some Dallas motel trying to keep up with this forum's new posts.....

Hope to do this from time to time the next couple of weeks.

sk

Leave a comment:

• fmancino
    replied
    I hope you have fun!

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    I will definitely be going on vacation now late in July I believe, just going a few hours north of where I am in MN though, and spending a week at a cabin on the lake with my fiancee and a bunch of her family from her mom's side. Went last year and had a great time so will surely be good again, and I will definitely have books and movies along to enjoy, especially in the event of rain.

Leave a comment:

• fmancino
    replied
    Wow, so many of you are going really cool places!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    We're heading to Lake Tahoe this summer, and I plan to rent a bike and do the 72-mile ride around the lake. The scenery is so amazing there I don't want to spend any daylight hours inside if I can help it. I'll do a day hike on the Tahoe Rim Trail, we're going to tour Vikingsholm and the Thunderbird Lodge, probably hit the water park in Reno and generally stay busy!

Leave a comment:

• jester05jk
    replied
    I'm going to the 311 Pow Wow Festival down in Florida the first weekend in August. And then I might make a weekend trip back down at the end of the month to visit family.

Leave a comment:

• fmancino
    replied
    Did you converse with Him at all?

Leave a comment:

• fmancino
    replied
    I'm going for my first time in August. Have fun, I wonder if King is doing a signing for his new book in November??

Leave a comment:

• Slee1978
    replied
    I'm going on vacation from work, but I'm not going anywhere. just staying home. A SK tour would be really cool.

Leave a comment:

• njhorror
    replied
    I've been to Maine a number of times and am planning to take a trip up there as soon as possible.

Never been to Bangor, but had a close encounter with Himself at a rest stop.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by miki74 View Post
    Do you have certain places or things that you are going to see?
    A few people here came up with some nice suggestions.
    Most likely I'll spend all Sunday google-ing some more.

sk

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    I'll second the Half Price Books recommendation. I've gotten quite a few books from there, though there have been some there I passed up because of their condition. I tend to be a little picky about the books I buy now, so I won't buy any that are in anything less than like new condition. At the one closest to me out of 3 nearby ones they have had this one same Joe Lansdale hardcover for quite a while now, but the first quarter or third has some VERY noticeable water damage, so not going to buy it even though I want to read it, lol

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Hopefully going to Maine for the 1st time in early November!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X