Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just finished Stephen King's "Billy Summers". Really enjoyed it. Thought the book within a book device was clever. I also dug the various Easter eggs for the Shinning and the Stand. Wouldn't crack my top-ten favorite Stephen King books list; however, I think this was a very solid book for King and one I'm glad to own.

Think I will be reading "Blind Voices" by Tom Reamy next. Have had it in my to-read pile for quite a while and am finally ready to give it a go. Hope it lives up to the Bradbury comparisons.

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Started The Blacktongue Thief by Christopher Buehlman.

Epic fantasy isn’t usually my thing, but I’ve yet to be disappointed by a Buehlman book, so thought I’d give this one a read.

100 pages in & liking it so far.

B

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I looked this up on Amazon and it sounds pretty good. How much of the book is new authors versus reprints of Lovecraft, Blackwood, etc.?
    Nineteen stories, and ten of them were new. New introduction, and each story had a photograph by Michael Marshall Smith to accompany it.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    I've been chipping away at the massive THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF FOLK HORROR, which has been a great read, until the novella that closes the book, Kim Newman's THE GYPSIES IN THE WOOD. Holy crap, where has Kim Newman been my whole life? I have 5 pages left, and I had to put the book down because I didn't want the novella to end. I'll savor those last 5 pages later or tomorrow. I'm going to load up on Newman books, for sure. Novella and book as a whole highly recommended.
    I looked this up on Amazon and it sounds pretty good. How much of the book is new authors versus reprints of Lovecraft, Blackwood, etc.?

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    I've been chipping away at the massive THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF FOLK HORROR, which has been a great read, until the novella that closes the book, Kim Newman's THE GYPSIES IN THE WOOD. Holy crap, where has Kim Newman been my whole life? I have 5 pages left, and I had to put the book down because I didn't want the novella to end. I'll savor those last 5 pages later or tomorrow. I'm going to load up on Newman books, for sure. Novella and book as a whole highly recommended.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X