• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by brlesh View Post

The book that made me a fan!!

Cujo was my first King book, 40 years ago.

Definitely time for a reread.

The movie is, in my opinion, also grossly underrated.

B
    Keep meaning to check out the movie and forgetting. Saw it when I was a tyke and can vaguely see the mom in my head. Beyond that, not much of a recollection of it. Sounds like a great time to revisit it. Thanks for the prompt!

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Just finished my re-read of Stephen King's Cujo. I have to say that I enjoyed it much more than when I first read it; although, that may be due to the age difference. I think the older me was better able to understand and appreciate the "marital & work" chapters this go-round and wasn't just looking forward to Cujo's reappearance in the book. I also happened to read a Goodreads review of the book from Edward Lorn beforehand and he posits a very interesting theory in regards to Cujo. After the re-read, I think that I just might agree with him. Overall, while not the strongest of King's work, Cujo definitely lands in the plus column for me all these years later!
    The book that made me a fan!!

Cujo was my first King book, 40 years ago.

Definitely time for a reread.

The movie is, in my opinion, also grossly underrated.

B

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Finished Horns by Joe Hill.

Second read for this book, & probably my first in 10+ years.

Surprised at how much of Horns I had forgotten. I liked it the first time I read it, but considered it one Hill’s weaker books.

Came away with a much higher regard for the story the second time through.

Started Her Wan Embrace, a collection by David Barker.

50 pages in & the jury is still out on this one.

I didn’t care much for The Revenant of Rebecca Paulson, so may have a quick trigger on this one.

B

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just finished my re-read of Stephen King's Cujo. I have to say that I enjoyed it much more than when I first read it; although, that may be due to the age difference. I think the older me was better able to understand and appreciate the "marital & work" chapters this go-round and wasn't just looking forward to Cujo's reappearance in the book. I also happened to read a Goodreads review of the book from Edward Lorn beforehand and he posits a very interesting theory in regards to Cujo. After the re-read, I think that I just might agree with him. Overall, while not the strongest of King's work, Cujo definitely lands in the plus column for me all these years later!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

How’re you liking it? It’s been in my TBR pile for quite a bit and I almost started it the other day.
    For what it's worth, I really enjoyed it...felt like old-school Little.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X