X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brlesh
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Not a fan of this collection…found myself doing a lot of skimming, ultimately a DNF. I won’t be going back to the Volk well for more…one and done.
    Sorry to hear your Volk experience didn’t work out.

B

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Just finished Catronia Ward's "Last House on Needless Street". Had picked-up a copy via Lividian. First time reading anything by the author but had heard the hype for the book and decided to give it a try. I struggled through the first half of the book and was very close to tapping out; however, I forced myself to continue and am glad I did so as the second half got much better, and the ending was a revelation. Totally forced me to reassess my feelings towards the book. Normally, I would give some details as to why; however, this is a very spoiler-heavy book. Overall, I am very glad to have read this and to have added this book to my collection.
    I couldn’t make it to the half way point on this one, but based on your assessment & other reviews that say you need to finish the book, I may have to give it another shot.

B

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just finished Catronia Ward's "Last House on Needless Street". Had picked-up a copy via Lividian. First time reading anything by the author but had heard the hype for the book and decided to give it a try. I struggled through the first half of the book and was very close to tapping out; however, I forced myself to continue and am glad I did so as the second half got much better, and the ending was a revelation. Totally forced me to reassess my feelings towards the book. Normally, I would give some details as to why; however, this is a very spoiler-heavy book. Overall, I am very glad to have read this and to have added this book to my collection.
    Last edited by sholloman81; 07-17-2022, 11:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Started reading Survivor Song by Tremblay. Only 78 pages in and finding it to be a slog. There have already been sequences which I am only scanning and there were 5 pages of texts which I skipped after the first page. Not a fan of texts in my life and don't find them anymore appealing in a book.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Trying Stephen Volk for the first time, a PS Publishing short-story collection. Only one story in so far, so too early to tell if this is a keeper or not...Nathan Ballingrud sure talks up Volk in his introduction, but we'll see.
    Not a fan of this collection…found myself doing a lot of skimming, ultimately a DNF. I won’t be going back to the Volk well for more…one and done.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X