No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree there is something about them that is so not King that it is easy to believe it is a whole different person writing them.The Long Walk was my favorite but has moved to number 2 behind Blaze.If Blaze was a King book it would be my favorite of his works.At least top 5.Istill plan on rereading Roadrage and The Running Man this year.
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    I almost love the Bachman books more than those by King.

sk

Comment

LOVE the long walk, one of my favorites of his.
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

I'm about 1/2 way through The Night Eternal by Del Toro and Hogan.

Comment

waiting on the tpb to get closer to release and then I will start the series.

Comment

55 pages to go...

Comment

Finished The Memory Tree. Great read; devestatingly eloquent. A book i would be most interested in having in an HC edition. Next up is The Wicked--my first James Newman read.
              Last edited by srboone; 06-15-2012, 03:05 PM.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Triggers - Robert J. Sawyer

The latest SF novel from Robert J. Sawyer. After his wonderful WWW trilogy where the internet gains 'self-awareness' this comes across like a palette cleanser.

This time in the near future it is mankind, through the sharing of memories and then thoughts, that elevates itself to the next level. There are a lot of intriguing ideas here but they never coalesce into something unified. And the group mind is not explored or explained enough to demonstrate why this evolution is one the reader can embrace.

In some ways, this feels like a poor man's - A Childhood's End.

Now reading: A Storm of Swords - Volume 3 - A Song of Fire & Ice by George RR Martin. I'm reading a book ahead of each season.

Comment

Nice review Lou. Look forward to hearing more.

Comment

CARRIE! Finally!!! Lisey's Story was great but a slow go for me. Parts of it I couldn't put down and others I got tired and put down. I don't think it was the book though, I think it was me. The slower parts of the book just gave me a reason to stop when I was tired...the better parts didn't give me an option, I HAD to keep going.

I knew Carrie was short but I didn't realize it was 154 pages(On my ereader) short. Should be a quick go...

Comment

Finished The Wicked. A terrificly fun pager-turner in the spirit of 80's horror. I loved it! Thanks to Ken Wood of SHock Totem for bringing it to my attention.

10 Billion Days & 100 Billion Nights by Ryu Mitsuse (a Japanese science fiction novel) is next.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I avoid everything Japanese unless it has the names Sony or Nintendo attached. Even then I may avoid it depending on what it is.

Comment

Half way through Sideshow by William Ollie.Great read I have 2 more of his books coming soon from the Ronald Kelly auction.Glad I bid and won as this is my first read of his and I love it.

Comment

In the middle of “Horrors Beyond: Tales Of Terrifying Realities” edited by William Jones. The first story alone was worth the price of admission, then the second and third stories were equally as great, maybe the best Lovecraftian anthology I have run accross. Picked up the hard copy for $12.
                            If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

I'm almost done Carrie, would be if I worked today. I'd post another vote but I'm choosing between a rumoured movie and an announced movie. Considering those options are IT and 11/22/63 I really dont need the vote to know which you guys would suggest I read. Thanks for the Carrie Ruling though. I am really enjoying it. couldn't put it down.

Comment

Under the Dome update: only about 150 pages to go!

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X