No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided to go ahead and start reading King Blood. Might take me a little while to finish though considering it's length and everything else going on for me at the moment, but that's ok
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Son of a #$!@&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!! Oh how i despise them!!!!!!

Sorry, had to vent, just got to a certain part in Game of Thrones! Won't say what it is as I don't want to spoil it for anyone else, but oh man, am I mad!

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
        Son of a #$!@&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!! Oh how i despise them!!!!!!

Sorry, had to vent, just got to a certain part in Game of Thrones! Won't say what it is as I don't want to spoil it for anyone else, but oh man, am I mad!
        Time to have a little fun Pete. I don't know where you are in the book, but don't look here, it'll make you mad (it made me mad)and it'll spoil it for you!

Spoiler!

I'm mean, i know...
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I had to click, when there's things to click i just can't resist.

Thankfully, that was something I already knew as someone served me that spoiler a couple of days ago. As of now, I have reached the incidents that are leading up to the event you mention.

Comment

My reaction to the event I attempted to *spoil* was quite violent. I threw the paperback copy i was reading across the room knocked over a Warhammer battle setup my friends had spent a hour on. OOOOOOOOOPS!

But i reminded Josh that he was the one who suggested I read the book (It was even his book). But i helped reset the battlefield...
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Ahh, Warhammer... been too long since I played...

But back on topic, yeah I'm that way too. Well, I don't throw books, well not yet at least. Sometimes I just curse under my breath. If i'm on the bus people tend to give me weird looks... but
              Spoiler!

Comment

After reading all the stories in the contest, I was in the mood for MORE short stories! I am reading The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror (Volume Fifteen).
                "I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later."- Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I'm dipping among The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror Vol. 10 (edited by Datlow and Windling), The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror Vol. 15 (edited by Stephen Jones), and Peter Straub's Shadowland.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                    That, and Carrion Comfort were the only two Dan Simmons books I liked.
                    Now I've finally started my limited ed. of Triage. Hope I can finish it...
                    Triage is great!! I think I read it throughout one day, story at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcraven View Post
                      I finished all of the stories in FD,NS, and now I am reading Vacations from Hell, a book of horror short stories written for and about teen girls. It's my wife's book, but I figured I'd broaden my horizons.
                      Finished Vacations from Hell, then picked up How I Write, by Janet Evanovich at her book signing the other night and read it. Finished it today. If I read another book right now, it will probably be one from her Plum series, as I want to study a different style, something outside the horror genre.

For you guys that have read King's On Writing to help with your own writing skills, I highly, highly recommend you read Evanovich's How I Write. You may not want to write adventure/romance, but I think you will appreciate what she has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                        Triage is great!! I think I read it throughout one day, story at a time.
                        Thank God. LOL. I'm glad it's a good book because as I've said on this forum, it can be difficult for me to actually finish a novel, even a fairly good one. I just get too bored and switch back to non-fiction.

Comment

Currently reading A DRINK BEFORE THE WAR by Dennis Lehane.
                          http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

Have just started Lucifer's Lottery by Edward Lee.

Comment

I finished "Watchers", but it's going to be Tuesday before anything I have on order gets here, so I've got 3 days to kill, when not workin', grillin' or entertaining my nephews. Time to rumble through my paperback library again.

Maybe I'll try one of those historical romances my grandmother was so fond of and left my by the hundreds...No, probably not.

Definitely not.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                I finished "Watchers",
                                And your final words on the book??

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X