• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    Thanks, guys.
    I'm off in about ten minutes.

au revoir.

sk
    Planning to pick up any French editions of SK books?

Comment

Let us know how you like the Ramsey Campbell book. I have the trade hard cover sitting on my shelf from a library sale.I might need to move this up the tbr pile.
      Originally posted by Greenelk View Post
      Just finishing The House of Canted Steps by Gary Friar (he of Gray Friar Press) it's an old school haunted house story so far, which I'm enjoying. Next up is The Grin Of The Dark, by Ramsey Campbell, which I've had the PS slipcased version sitting on my shelf for a while, but having seen the paperback, and actually read what the books about, became a must read now type of thing. I hope it lives up to my expectations!

Comment

170523105.JPG

"The Assholes are coming to get you, Barbara . . .

From Wonderland Award Winner Kevin L. Donihe comes a hilarious tribute to Night of the Living Dead: A plague of assholes is infecting the countryside. Normal everyday people are transforming into jerks, snobs, dicks, and douchebags. And they all have only one purpose: to make your life a living hell.

Today is the worst day of Barbara's life. The assholes are everywhere. They're picking fights, causing accidents, and even killing people. But she must remain calm. If you raise your temper to an asshole you'll become one of them.

After losing her brother to the asshole onslaught, Barbara flees for her life. She finds safety in a desolate farmhouse with six other survivors. Cut off from the world and surrounded by a sea of assholes, they must figure out a way to last through the night. But more and more of those annoying bastards are gathering outside, preparing for the coming of something much worse. . .
        Last edited by Xiabei; 05-01-2012, 02:53 AM.

Comment

ahahaha...I've felt that way before myself: they just coming and coming with no end in sight!
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I might have to check that one out!
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Anyone here read anything by Michael McBride? I'm looking at getting Burial Ground but haven't read any of his work yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                Let us know how you like the Ramsey Campbell book. I have the trade hard cover sitting on my shelf from a library sale.I might need to move this up the tbr pile.

Will do. I shall be starting it on the train journey today.

House of Canted Steps is of course by Gary Fry, he does not share the full name of his book publishing company. He does like to send me abusive emails though, so this is probably why I got his name wrong.
                http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]7995[/ATTACH]

"The Assholes are coming to get you, Barbara . . .

From Wonderland Award Winner Kevin L. Donihe comes a hilarious tribute to Night of the Living Dead: A plague of assholes is infecting the countryside. Normal everyday people are transforming into jerks, snobs, dicks, and douchebags. And they all have only one purpose: to make your life a living hell.

Today is the worst day of Barbara's life. The assholes are everywhere. They're picking fights, causing accidents, and even killing people. But she must remain calm. If you raise your temper to an asshole you'll become one of them.

After losing her brother to the asshole onslaught, Barbara flees for her life. She finds safety in a desolate farmhouse with six other survivors. Cut off from the world and surrounded by a sea of assholes, they must figure out a way to last through the night. But more and more of those annoying bastards are gathering outside, preparing for the coming of something much worse. . .
                  Lol!

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                      Planning to pick up any French editions of SK books?
                      I was, but I only came across a Full Dark, No Stars paperback.
                      Sighhhhhh..........

sk

Comment

Due to work, I'm back reading short stories - mainly from HORROR LIBRARY VOL 4 and Tim Curran's BONE MARROW STEW collection.

Recently finished CRANE HOUSE - what a fun read. How eleven authors were able to have their portion of the story build upon and flow so well with the others is a mystery and a joy to experience. Highly recommended.

Jan
                        Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

Crane House is one I would like to read as well! Round robin stories can be very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                            Decided to finally read:

sk
                            Reading this book confirms what most of us already knew: King simply has the best voice in the business. In spite of many nay-sayers -comments ranging from: awful endings, atrocious, foul awfulness, (stories that are) dull and hard to read to boring mess and uninteresting characters - I LOVE this book (so far). I've only read the first two. 1922 I found surprisingly touching -in spite of its gruesomeness. The murder that puts things in motion reminded me of the one in Hitchcock's Torn Curtain - looooong and gruesome. The Big Driver kept me spellbound with a nice couple of twists and turns.
                            But it's especially King's voice that keeps me coming back for more. These stories -like many of King's best works- are short on plot. But when King spins these tales, he draws us in and doesn't let go till the very end.
                            Two more to go - can't wait!

sk

Comment

FDNS is a great collection! 1922 is a masterpiece of classic King.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Just finished Norman Partridge's "Lesser Demons" some pretty good stuff. The Iron Dead, Lesser Demons, and Carrion being my favorite stories in this collection. Would dig a sequel to Iron Dead!
                                If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Working...
                                X