No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 pages into Kin and I gotta agree with Pete; the best of the ARCs (though I reading the actual book--what good is having a book if you don't read it?). I was hooked from the openning line. Definitely one of the best books I've read this year (though I'm not even 20% done). The only downfall is that here is another author I'm gonna have to investigate further.

Cha-ching!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Reading 'Let The Right One In' by John Ajvide Lindqvist, 150 pages in and great so far!

Comment

Just reading Dead Bad Things by Gary McMahon, before that I read Prettly Little Dead Things by Gary McMahon. Both feature Thomas Usher, and they are some of the bleakest and darkest books I've read in a long time. In a good way though.
        http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          50 pages into Kin and I gotta agree with Pete; the best of the ARCs (though I reading the actual book--what good is having a book if you don't read it?). I was hooked from the openning line. Definitely one of the best books I've read this year (though I'm not even 20% done). The only downfall is that here is another author I'm gonna have to investigate further.

Cha-ching!
          Glad you agree Squire! The only arc I have left now is Undead, but I'm sure Kin will remain as the top read!

Finished Horror Hall of Fame, really liked the one about Road Dog, and of course GRRM's Pear Shaped Man is a classic. The rest I have mixed feelings about.

Comment

John Russo's UNDEAD/RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD (NOT the novelization). Took a while for it to click . . . about half-way and enjoying the hell out of it.

Jan
            Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

Interesting. Are you reading the screenplays?
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Interesting. Are you reading the screenplays?
                Nope. John Russo wrote two novels titled THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD - this is the sequel to NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. It's included in my ARC of UNDEAD.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/russo01
                Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

So it's the novelization, as reprinted by CD. I was just confused.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Cha-ching!
                    Yep! I have been thinking of getting a kindle just to get more of his books since they are so hard to get.This was one of the best reads I had this year.Glad you are enjoying it.I finished The Woman and will read the bonus novellla tonight.Not bad.I really liked the story.But it took me a few pages to get into it.

Comment

Finished Kin after a marathon 250 pages today. Dark, disturbing, uplifting and quite memorable. Extremely well-written--something I wasn't expecting. Greatest pleasure: having one of the most disgusting-sounding words (for me) --"jaundice"-- turned into a wonderfully descptive verb--"jaundicing". One minor annoyance: twice during part 1, it was said that Claire's pupils were dialated, which was impossible--she only had one eye!
                      Last edited by srboone; 12-17-2011, 12:14 PM.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Jaundice is just as nasty to see as it sounds.

Comment

Took a trip back to Derry this morning, floating paper boats with Georgie, listening in as Mike Hanlon makes his 6 phone calls; It was the first 1,000 page book I'd read and I swore I'd never read it again. HA! (of course, since that time, I've read The Stand:TC&UV, Atlas Shrugged 3 times, Gone With The Wind, War&Peace and a plethora of other 1,000+ page tomes.)
                          Last edited by srboone; 12-17-2011, 12:29 PM.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

An interesting note: Georgie's boat was floating down the left side of Witcham Street when it hit the storm drain, but Erin Wells' B/W drawing of the scene has the boat travelling down the right side! OOPS!

That's the way my mind works; I'm good at the little details, tho I sometimes miss the big picture (the forest for the trees kinda thing)--which in this case is the 25th Anniversary Edition of It!

And I'm not as cross about this as my avatar might suggest.
                            Last edited by srboone; 12-17-2011, 12:28 PM.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Finished Kin after a marathon 250 pages today. Dark, disturbing, uplifting and quite memorable. Extremely well-written--something I wasn't expecting. Greatest pleasure: having one of the most disgusting-sounding words (for me) --"jaundice"-- turned into a very descptive verb--"jaundicing". One minor annoyance: twice during part 1, it was said that Claire's pupils were dialated, which was impossible--she only had one eye!
                              I noticed the eye thing too! I decided though, that it must be fixed in the final release and that only our arcs are special.

Comment

Nope. I was reading the book. It wasn't fixed.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X