No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished reading the "Gwendy" series on my lunch break at work. Had been waiting until I received the LE for Final Task from SST before plowing through them all. OMG, the ending of this series totally wrecked me. Am sitting here at work all emotional and up in my feelings. Enjoyed all three books, but, truly loved the last book, Final Task. Adored all of the Dark Tower & Derry references. Also really loved the character of Gwendy. What a way to go out! She's definitely rocketed-up my list of all-time favorite SK characters. So happy to have these three books on my shelf!

Comment

Started The Black Company by Glen Cook this morning.

Only 30 pages in so far, not really far enough to make an impression at this point.

B

Comment

The other night I finished the fourth (and apparently last) book in Becky Chambers's Wayfarers series - The Galaxy, and the Ground Within. Loved it like usual. Just a fun and amazing sci-fi series about the people (well, not human people, species people.)

To give myself a little break from regular book-books, last night I started Darwyn Cooke's Ego collection from DC Comics. I wish I was aware of Darwyn when he was still with us because damn, what a talent.

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post
          Started The Black Company by Glen Cook this morning.

Only 30 pages in so far, not really far enough to make an impression at this point.

B
          Hope you stick with it and end up enjoying it, one of my favorite series. He is certainly one of the founding fathers of the Grimdark branch of fantasy.

Comment

Am about a quarter of the way through the new Robert Mccammon, The King of Shadows. So far, so good. I really love the Matthew Corbett series and can't wait to see how he wraps it up!

Comment

Just read Jerzy Kosinski’s THE PAINTED BIRD, and it may be the darkest, most bleak book I’ve ever read. Also one of the best; I can’t stop thinking about it.

Now reading SEVENTEEN, a hitman/spy novel…had to lighten things up a bit after BIRD,
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                Just read Jerzy Kosinski’s THE PAINTED BIRD, and it may be the darkest, most bleak book I’ve ever read. Also one of the best; I can’t stop thinking about it.

Now reading SEVENTEEN, a hitman/spy novel…had to lighten things up a bit after BIRD,
                I read that book way too young, like 15, can't go back and do it again LOL!!

Comment

Hopefully by tomorrow will be reading Creepshow #5, just picked it up this week. Really enjoying these comics...

Comment

Just finished Robert Mccammon's "The King of Shadows". Am a huge fan of the Matthew Corbett series and this is another fantastic entry. If I had one knock on this book, it would be that it didn't advance the series' overall arc as much as I was expecting. It was really more of a chance to spend time with & expand the characterization of the antagonists that Matthew is currently facing/travelling with on his journey. Didn't mind that at all as these characters were very twisted and worth getting to know. Can't wait to see what's in store in the next book: "Leviathan"!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

I read that book way too young, like 15, can't go back and do it again LOL!!
                      I suspect you'd get a lot more out of it today than when it was assigned reading to a 15-year-old Mike Hatchett who believed he had better things to do. That said, a book this utterly bleak probably doesn't need to read more than once in a lifetime.

Comment

I suspect you'd get a lot more out of it today than when it was assigned reading to a 15-year-old Mike Hatchett who believed he had better things to do. That said, a book this utterly bleak probably doesn't need to read more than once in a lifetime.
                        It totally freked me out, even more so, when I learned he had committed suicide. It was a truly scary view of war.

Comment

Sorry if I missed it elsewhere, but who's the author?

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Sorry if I missed it elsewhere, but who's the author?
                            John Brownlow:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...IjLlPgvwNI7BTw

Comment

Thanks Ron. I found that on Amazon but wasn't sure it was the right book.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                                Thanks Ron. I found that on Amazon but wasn't sure it was the right book.
                                About halfway through it, and am really enjoying it.

Comment

Working...
                                X