What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I had this one on my radar at one point but lost track of it. Thanks for the reminder.
    There was a sequel -- SNOWBLIND II: THE KILLING GROUNDS -- but I didn't read that one and have no idea if it also involves Bigfoot creatures.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

There was a sequel -- SNOWBLIND II: THE KILLING GROUNDS -- but I didn't read that one and have no idea if it also involves Bigfoot creatures.
      I read this and it is a bigfoot romp. Loved it.

Comment

Did not even realize there was a sequel. Or I did and I forgot, hell Snowblind had dropped off my radar. The joys of getting old. You can hide your own Easter eggs.

Comment

I think I read SNOWBLIND when it was first released, Ron. Having just turned 50, I have almost no recollection of it, aside from people being chased by the monsters. Martin said it all...the joys of getting old, lol.
          http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
            Just finished "Westlake Soul" by Rio Youers. First time reading this novel and was completely blown away. A masterclass in storytelling and characterization. Don't remember ever feeling so emotional while reading a book before. There were times where I literally had to will myself not to cry. I know that this book wasn't for everyone on the forum, but for me, this novel was perfection. Definitely a book I will be recommending to everyone who asks for an amazing read.
            The very reasons I was so excited for a limited edition of this book. One of the best

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post
              Finished Phantom Limbs by Margo Lanagan.

Liked the first half of the collection a good bit. Thought the second half was quite a bit weaker.

Started The Rust Maidens by Gwendolyn Kiste las night.

75 pages in & liking it a lot.

So far I really like her style of writing. The story just seems to flow, even though at this point (nearly 1/3 in) very little has actually happened.

B
              Rust Maidens is another really great book. I loved it

Comment

I’m currently reading When Darkness Loves Us by Elizabeth Engstrom
                also White Pines by Gemma Amor
                and a long overdue reread of Frankenstein
                It’s women of horror month so that has been my focus this month
                I just finished The Girls by Emma Cline and gave it 4 stars
                malls finished We Did Everything Wrong by C.V.Hunt also 4 stars.
                Lots of great women writing horror and thriller fiction .

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  It's women of horror month so that has been my focus this month.
                  Lots of great women writing horror and thriller fiction .
                  Didn't realize that it is currently Women in Horror month until I saw the article that CD posted today (Mother Horror's Top Twenty Indie Horror Books Written by Women). In the past, I have enjoyed almost all of Mother Horror's reading recommendations; so, I was very excited to see this post. After reading it, I went online and purchased "The Bone Weaver's Orchard" by Sarah Read. Have never read anything by this author but the synopsis sounded good; so, I've decided to give it a go. A lot of the other titles mentioned sounded very cool as well. My only complaint is that it looks like a majority of them are paperback only (so far) releases and I don't purchase paperbacks anymore. I much prefer hardcovers at this point in my reading/collecting although I know that it has caused me to miss out on some very good authors/tittles (for example, am still bummed that Andy Davidson's "The Boatman's Daughter" is a paperback exclusive).

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

Rust Maidens is another really great book. I loved it
                    Agreed. I really liked The Rust Maidens a lot.

After finishing The Rust Maidens, started Weird Women: Classic Supernatural Fiction by Groundbreaking Female Writers: 1852 - 1923 ed. by Lisa Morton & Leslie Klinger.

It hasn't grabbed me like their classic ghost story anthology from a few years back, but only 3 or 4 stories in so far.

B

Comment

I finished reading The Fair Grounds by Tobias Seamon and a Dollar Double sleaze consisting of The Sherwood Scandal by March Hastings/Oh, Sweet And Gentle Harlot by Nancy Dean as told to Jack Powers. Now I'm reading Antioch by Jessica Leonard.

Cap
                      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Just finished the SST limited of Stephen Graham Jones' "The Only Good Indians". Really enjoyed this book. It began a little slow, but it picked up around the quarter mark and never let up. Great characterization, fantastic dialogue, and a very literary style. It also has one of the better endings that I have read in quite awhile. Would recommend this one very highly to those of you who haven't read it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                          Just finished the SST limited of Stephen Graham Jones' "The Only Good Indians". Really enjoyed this book. It began a little slow, but it picked up around the quarter mark and never let up. Great characterization, fantastic dialogue, and a very literary style. It also has one of the better endings that I have read in quite awhile. Would recommend this one very highly to those of you who haven't read it yet.
                          I have avoided this story due to the fact that the other works I have read from this author failed me. I may try it at some point.

I am about 100 pages into Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist. Really enjoying it so far.

Comment

I started reading Owen King's LITTLE BRONZE BOOK today, and I'm really enjoying it. Also reading an omnibus edition of the three SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK books.....As a 50-year-old, these stories aren't that great, but they do have a certain bland charm, and the illustrations are nightmarish.
                            http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm finally jumping back into the Matthew Corbett series from Robert McCammon...I thought I was on the fourth book, but it turned out I'd only read the first two (massive) volumes, so am starting MISTER SLAUGHTER.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I'm finally jumping back into the Matthew Corbett series from Robert McCammon...I thought I was on the fourth book, but it turned out I'd only read the first two (massive) volumes, so am starting MISTER SLAUGHTER.
                                Love the Matthew Corbett series and can't wait to hear what you think of this one. I think Mister Slaughter might be my favorite book in the series so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X