What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
    I would say so; I think it gradually gets more interesting, and things start to build and open up later (good characters, unusual story). I kind of wished that the first 2/3 of the novel had been fit into the first 1/3 of the pages, but really, I can't complain too much.
    Thanks for the response. I knew this must be the case, that it picks up steam as it progresses. Some Stephen King books are better than others, but all of them are engaging. It's just that most of them grab you more from the beginning. I will keep reading and have faith.
    Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 01-23-2020, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
      Thanks for the response. I knew this must be the case, that it picks up steam as it progresses. Some Stephen King books are better than others, but all of them are engaging. It's just that most of them grab you more from the beginning. I will keep reading and have faith.
      I would agree it has a slow build but I enjoyed the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        I would agree it has a slow build but I enjoyed the ride.
        The best part of Revival was the ending. And I think the first 2/3 could have been shortened considerably. This would have been an excellent novella. But I thought it was King's worst novel.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          The best part of Revival was the ending. And I think the first 2/3 could have been shortened considerably. This would have been an excellent novella. But I thought it was King's worst novel.
          So, you haven't read Rose Madder?

Comment

Revival is the worst King book that I read and finished. Rose Madder is the only King book that I didn't finish.

But I plan on rereading both at some point to see if I've maybe been too harsh or grumpy. My reread of Revival is, of course, spurred on by BJF's gorgeous new edition.

Comment

I thought he was talking about Under the Dome.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I have said this before but I love how art is subjective. I think Revival is right up there with some of the better SK books. Now LP needs to land, and publish, a gorgeous edition of Duma Key. I would settle for 11/22/63 but that is one of the few books I have signed by SK so a fancy edition isn't as needful for me.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                Revival is the worst King book that I read and finished. Rose Madder is the only King book that I didn't finish.

But I plan on rereading both at some point to see if I've maybe been too harsh or grumpy. My reread of Revival is, of course, spurred on by BJF's gorgeous new edition.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                  I have said this before but I love how art is subjective. I think Revival is right up there with some of the better SK books. Now LP needs to land, and publish, a gorgeous edition of Duma Key. I would settle for 11/22/63 but that is one of the few books I have signed by SK so a fancy edition isn't as needful for me.
                  I'd love an LP edition of Duma Key!

Comment

I thought he was talking about Under the Dome.
                    Under The Dome is a good book until the end. Unfortunately the end is bad enough to taint the entire experience. Rose Madder sucks from the opening bell.

Comment

I would love a nice edition of 11/22/63!

Comment

Is Rose Madder generally unliked among the fanhood? I don't remember much about it, but I remember thinking it was, while not a classic, at least a decently enjoyable story.

...and I think it contained the great phrase "his outraged balls."
                        Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
                          Is Rose Madder generally unliked among the fanhood? I don't remember much about it, but I remember thinking it was, while not a classic, at least a decently enjoyable story.

...and I think it contained the great phrase "his outraged balls."
                          I actually think it generally falls into the middle of the road. Not bad/Not a Classic. For me, it was the only King novel I really struggled to finish. Once I had finished, I wished that I hadn't.

Comment

I liked Rose Madder. Under the Dome and Tommyknockers are the 2 books I didn't like.

Right now I'm reading Scars of the Broken by Ryan C. Thomas.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                              I liked Rose Madder. Under the Dome and Tommyknockers are the 2 books I didn't like.

Right now I'm reading Scars of the Broken by Ryan C. Thomas.
                              Tommyknockers is pretty low on my list also.

Comment

I'm reading The Twisted Ones, which is nicely creepy so far. I'm over half way, and finding it hard to put down.

https://www.amazon.com/Twisted-Ones-...9997711&sr=8-1

Comment

Working...
                                X