No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished Hardboiled Horror which was an anthology of mostly enjoyable supernatural detective stories edited by Jonathan Maberry.

Starting the Listener by Robert McCammon tonight.

B

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post
      Finished Hardboiled Horror which was an anthology of mostly enjoyable supernatural detective stories edited by Jonathan Maberry.

Starting the Listener by Robert McCammon tonight.

B
      I really enjoyed The Listener.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        I really enjoyed The Listener.
        So did I. It was a suspenseful, wild ride! It is wonderful that McCammon still has incredible stories in him at this point in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
          So did I. It was a suspenseful, wild ride! It is wonderful that McCammon still has incredible stories in him at this point in his career.
          The only other McCammon I have read is Boy's Life and to be honest that one fell flat for me. I have to try something else soon.

Comment

Just wrapping up a re-read of Joe Hill's "Horns". First time re re-reading this book since its publication. Am still really enjoying the story all of these years later; however, I forgot how much the character Lee pisses me off. Haven't read a character I dislike this much in a while. Poor Ig.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
              Just wrapping up a re-read of Joe Hill's "Horns". First time re re-reading this book since its publication. Am still really enjoying the story all of these years later; however, I forgot how much the character Lee pisses me off. Haven't read a character I dislike this much in a while. Poor Ig.
              Rebel in Brother had that effect on me.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                I did not have that response to Lee. I was actually sympathetic to her efforts to protect Ig even when I disagreed with her methods. I have just started re-reading 20th Century Ghosts for the first time since it was first released.

Comment

Nice. My favorite Joe Hill publication.

I did not have that response to Lee. I was actually sympathetic to her efforts to protect Ig even when I disagreed with her methods. I have just started re-reading 20th Century Ghosts for the first time since it was first released.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                    Nice. My favorite Joe Hill publication.
                    My favorite Joe Hill publications are Locke & Key and Heart Shaped Box. After reading Full Throttle a few of the stories have stayed with me. This got me thinking about his earlier short stories. I then realized I had only read 20th Century Ghosts once and off I go. Enjoyed the first story mentioning Cemetery Dance early on.

Comment

I looked at Locke & Key but it didn't grab me. Here is my list:
                      1. 20th Century Ghosts
                      2. Heart Shaped Box
                      3. Horns
                      4. NOS4R2
                      5. Couldn't finish The Fireman and hadn't yet read Full Throttle

My favorite Joe Hill publications are Locke & Key and Heart Shaped Box. After reading Full Throttle a few of the stories have stayed with me. This got me thinking about his earlier short stories. I then realized I had only read 20th Century Ghosts once and off I go. Enjoyed the first story mentioning Cemetery Dance early on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                        I looked at Locke & Key but it didn't grab me. Here is my list:
                        1. 20th Century Ghosts
                        2. Heart Shaped Box
                        3. Horns
                        4. NOS4R2
                        5. Couldn't finish The Fireman and hadn't yet read Full Throttle
                        Glad to see I am not the only who places NOS4A2 low.

My full List:
                        1. Locke & Key
                        2. Heart Shaped Box
                        3. Strange Weather
                        4. Full Throttle
                        5. Horns
                        6. The Fireman
                        7. NOS4A2

I have read each thing except 20th Century Ghosts at least twice. On the second read I liked NOS4A2 more but it is still his weakest story for me.

Comment

1). NOS4A2
                          2). HEART-SHAPED BOX
                          3). 20TH CENTURY GHOSTS
                          4). HORNS
                          5). GUNPOWDER
                          6). EARTHQUAKE WEATHER
                          7). THE FIREMAN (which I really didn't care for)

I haven't read (and have no plans to read) LOCKE & KEY.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

1. Horns
                            2. Locke & Key
                            3. NOS4A2
                            4. Full Throttle
                            5. HSB
                            6. Strange Weather
                            7. 20th Century Ghosts
                            8. The Fireman (Hoping nothing else will fall below this one)

Comment

1. Horns
                              2. Heart Shaped Box
                              3. The Fireman
                              4. Strange Weather
                              5. Gunpowder
                              6. Locke and Key (only read the first three volumes so far)
                              7. 20th Century Ghosts
                              8. NOS4A2 (Just Silly)

Haven't read Full Throttle yet.

Comment

Love how diverse our opinions are. Kind of fun seeing the lists.

Comment

Working...
                                X