No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished F. Paul Wilson's, "The Void Protocol". Liked it, but thought that the first two books in the trilogy were better. Am now reading the limited edition of Michael Marshall Smith's "The Spares". So far, just like all of his other works that I've read, I'm really enjoying it. He's an author who seems to never let me down when it comes to a good story.

Comment

Man it's been years since I've read Spares, might need a re read. Excellent story.

Comment

That's a good one. I just read his newest one under his Michael Rutger pseudonym, THE ANOMOLY, and was surprisingly disappointed. Apparently this will be a series of some indeterminate length...I'll likely pass on the rest.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

A Very Private Gentleman Martin Booth. What a Great Book!!

Comment

Terry Brooks Running With the Demon finished real strong. I have not pulled the trigger on book two from Cemetery Dance but have to admit I am interested in were he takes the characters so I am thinking about it. After that I read Head On by John Scalzi, fantastic book. I hope he does more in the series. Now about half way through The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury, just OK so far.

Comment

Finished THE COMING STORM by Mark Alpert and today should finish NO EXIT by Taylor Adams. After that onto PARADOX BOUND by Peter Clines. Really looking forward to the Clines novel. I thought his last novel THE FOLD was a really fun read and well worth CD folks' time.

Jim

Comment

Just finished Michael Marshall Smith's "The Spares". Really enjoyed it as I have his other books. I did like his newest, "The Anomaly" and look forward to the sequel. Loved the idea that it might link up to his Straw Men series somehow. I also hope somebody out there such as CD or Subterranean will release a limited version of it one day. Am now beginning "Laughin' Boy" by Bradley Denton. I have high hopes for this book as I have enjoyed the previous things I have read by Denton such as "Blackburn" "The Lunatics" & "Sergeant Chip and Other Novellas". Not sure if he has retired from writing as he hasn't released anything new recently, but am hoping that he hasn't. Anyone else a fan of his?

Comment

I loved BLACKBURN and most of his other books, but didn’t at all care for LAUGHIN’ BOY. I’d love to see new work from Denton, but I fear he may have thrown in the towel after too many midlist purges by NY publishers. Maybe Sub Press will have something new from him someday.

Comment

So, So, So, happy to hear someone else talking about Peter Clines. I think he is a great author with some really fun reads.

Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
                    Finished THE COMING STORM by Mark Alpert and today should finish NO EXIT by Taylor Adams. After that onto PARADOX BOUND by Peter Clines. Really looking forward to the Clines novel. I thought his last novel THE FOLD was a really fun read and well worth CD folks' time.

Jim
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Hi Ben,

If you like Peter Clines may I recommend Patrick Lee, especially his Travis Chase trilogy: THE BREACH; GHOST COUNTRY; DEEP SKY. He also has the third in a new series (Sam Dryden) coming out in May which, while the covers look like your standard thriller book jackets, have some slight genre elements. The Chase trilogy is pure science fiction/horror.

Also check out Blake Crouch who write in the same genre mash up.

Jim

Comment

Just finished Bradley Denton's "Laughin' Boy". Have to agree with you RonClinton, not my favorite Denton book. Am now beginning Craig Davidson's
                        "The Saturday Night Ghost Club". Hope it's as good as the stuff I've ready by him under the Nick Cutter pseudonym.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                          Just finished Bradley Denton's "Laughin' Boy". Have to agree with you RonClinton, not my favorite Denton book. Am now beginning Craig Davidson's
                          "The Saturday Night Ghost Club". Hope it's as good as the stuff I've ready by him under the Nick Cutter pseudonym.
                          Hope you’ll pass on your thoughts r.e. SATURDAY NIGHT GHOST CLUB when you finish. I’ve come close so many times to pulling the trigger on a copy, but keep passing on it.

Comment

Just finished Craig Davidson's "The Saturday Night Ghost Club". I really enjoyed it. A completely different voice from his Nick Cutter pseudonym. I'm a sucker for well written coming-of-age stories and this one does the formula proud. Reminded me of the way I felt reading Robert Mccammon's "Boy's Life". All the characters are well written with my favorites being Dove Yellowbird and Jake Breaker's dad. The last 50 pages definitely pack an emotional wallop. I would recommend this book if you're into coming-of-age stories. Just don't expect an outright horror novel.

Will probably begin the Centipede Press edition of Gary K. Wolf's "Who Censored Roger Rabbit?" or the Cemetery Dance edition of Christopher Golden's "Straight On 'Til Morning" next. Haven't decided which one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                              Just finished Craig Davidson's "The Saturday Night Ghost Club". I really enjoyed it. A completely different voice from his Nick Cutter pseudonym. I'm a sucker for well written coming-of-age stories and this one does the formula proud. Reminded me of the way I felt reading Robert Mccammon's "Boy's Life". All the characters are well written with my favorites being Dove Yellowbird and Jake Breaker's dad. The last 50 pages definitely pack an emotional wallop. I would recommend this book if you're into coming-of-age stories. Just don't expect an outright horror novel.

Will probably begin the Centipede Press edition of Gary K. Wolf's "Who Censored Roger Rabbit?" or the Cemetery Dance edition of Christopher Golden's "Straight On 'Til Morning" next. Haven't decided which one yet.
                              The Saturday Night Ghost Club sounds intriguing. I have added that to my want list. Thanks for the recommendation!

Comment

Yes, thanks for the feedback on it...confirms what I’ve heard, which is good to hear. Will definitely have to pick up a copy...now just have to decide if I need the Canadian HC or can wait for the U.S. tpb that’s due out later this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X