No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, thank you…maybe I’ll hold off on the limited and just grab a trade ed. down the road.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Finished THE THREE SECRET CITIES by Matthew Reilly. Also finished THE MANSION by Ezekiel Boone. Just started FURY FROM THE TOMB by S.A. Sidor.

Jim

Comment

Hope I'm posting this question in the correct spot. Has anyone read Craig Davidson's new book "The Saturday Night Ghost Club"? I've enjoyed his works as Nick Cutter & Patrick Lestewka but have never read anything from the Davidson brand. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
          Hope I'm posting this question in the correct spot. Has anyone read Craig Davidson's new book "The Saturday Night Ghost Club"? I've enjoyed his works as Nick Cutter & Patrick Lestewka but have never read anything from the Davidson brand. Any thoughts?
          The only thing I have read from him was The Troop and I enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
            I just read it last week, and really enjoyed it. I had no idea he was Nick Cutter until after I read the book and I went looking for him on Amazon

Comment

How serendipitous… This book has been on my radar for a while. I’ve been too cheap to spring for the Canadian edition, but I think the US edition is coming out soon, as I recall. It has a lot of good buzz and sounds like my kind of book, I’ll probably pick it up.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I'm reading The Rust Maidens by Gwendolyn Kiste. It is a very good book so far.

Comment

Just started Europe in Autumn, first book in the Fracture Europe series by Dave Hutchinson, which also includes, Europe at Midnight, Europe in Winter and Europe at Dawn. Pretty darn good so far!

Comment

Am currently reading Joe Lansdale's "Driving to Geronimo's Grave & Other Stories". Didn't really care for the title story but loved "In the Mad Mountains" & "Wrestling Jesus" Hoping the next three stories are as good as those two. Will most likely begin the centipede edition of Jonathan Carroll's "The Land of Laughs" next.

Comment

About halfway through VERSES FOR THE DEAD by Preston/Child. After that HARK! THE HERALD ANGELS SCREAM.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                        I'm reading The Rust Maidens by Gwendolyn Kiste. It is a very good book so far.
                        Okay I have finished this book. I highly recommend this one. Fantastic coming of age story.For me a 5 star rating. Looking forward to reading more from Gwendolyn Kiste.

Comment

I'm a little over 600 pages into my second reading of The Passage by Justin Cronin and enjoying it as much, if not more, as the first time I read it. Remains one of my all time favorites.

B

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post
                            I'm a little over 600 pages into my second reading of The Passage by Justin Cronin and enjoying it as much, if not more, as the first time I read it. Remains one of my all time favorites.

B
                            I have to retry it. I have read the first big section twice (with the little girl), but there was something about the start of the next section, later in history, that didn't hold my interest enough, and both times I got distracted by another book. I'm sure I'll like it if I could plough through a bit of that second section.

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post

B
                              I have the first two books from CD grab bags but have not read them. At some point I will give them a try.

Comment

Reading - DEAD LETTERS ANTHOLOGY edited by Conrad Williams

Good concept with some strong stories, so far.
                                Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                                Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                                X