Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    King's Full Dark, No Stars
    Haven't read that one yet.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
      Haven't read that one yet.

sk
      It's actually one of King's better books over the past decade. At least for me it was.

Now I'm reading another non-fiction book: Sympathy For The Devil.....true crime and a fascinating story; I highly recommend it!

Comment

Just finished Donald Ray Pollock's THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME and Frank Bill's CRIMES IN SOUTHERN INDIANA, really enjoyed them both. If you want more info, visit my review page at The Nervous Breakdown:

http://www.thenervousbreakdown.com/author/rthomas/
        FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
          I'm about halfway through that one, myself. Some great stuff. I really liked the Return to Plain Awful.
          Yes, I did too.
          I love this book -just finished it- and just wish this series would continue for many more to come. Volume 2 I'm planning to read after a King break:

sk

Comment

Quality is Personal: A Foundation for Total Quality Management. I read it in 1995, but I go back every now and again to reread this kind of book that I remember as worthwhile. so, a quick professional break, then back to the important stuff...
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

A little light entertaining Sword and Sorcery, The Cardinal's Blade by Pierre Pevel. I'm really enjoying it. Fast, fun, interesting. MDH

Comment

These books are simply a lot of fun. Highly recommended!

sk

Comment

I finished The Book of Lost Things and Slices this weekend. Now I'm on to Neverland by Douglas Clegg.
                  Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. - H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Originally posted by gsconquest View Post
                    I finished The Book of Lost Things and Slices this weekend. Now I'm on to Neverland by Douglas Clegg.
                    Did you like The Book of Lost Things? Just curious.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                      Did you like The Book of Lost Things? Just curious.
                      I felt like it started out slow but I ended up enjoying it. I liked The Gates much more though.
                      Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. - H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

I've finally started reading The Dark Tower, after having all of the books for years. Before that I read the biography of Revolting Cocks sometimes singer Chris Connelly, and prior to that Moon Over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch. For those looking for a lighter read (as in style rather than content), I can fully recommend both books in that series, the characters are very well written, and extremely likeable, and the plots nicely paced.
                        http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenelk View Post
                          I've finally started reading The Dark Tower, after having all of the books for years.
                          I'm curious as to why you put this off for so long...
                          And do let us know what you think...

sk

Comment

Finished World War Z, was a very good book. The interview structure worked very well here and the it felt like what could be a realistic account of such an event happening.

I'm also most of the way through The Name Of The Wind by Rothfuss, most likely to be followed by part two of his series.

Comment

sk
                              I'm not really sure. I'm not very good at reading one authors work for that long I suppose, but I'm fine as long as I change the pace and tone by reading other books between some of the series, so I don't know what stopped me. I'm fully on the journey now though! I think the Gunslinger showed its age, but set the scene well, whereas DotT I've really enjoyed, especially the way the characters have been shaped. Waste Lands started on the train home from work tonight, and can see me getting through that pretty quickly.
                              http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

sk
                                I still haven't read them either. I'm afraid they're just too long and it'd take me years to get through them. But I finished Sympathy for the Devil, and I think I'm either going to read my limited of Stephen King: The Non-Fiction, or Stephen King Goes to the Movies.
                                BTW, anyone here read any of those? Are they worth it? Also, Riding the Bullet...is that one any good?

Comment

Working...
                                X