No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm reading Children Of The Dark by Jonathan Janz . This is by far one of the best books I have read. 3/4 of the way through it and wish I had more it up last year in my TBR pile. This is one emotional rollercoaster of a book.

Comment

Starting Grady Hendrix' new one, WE SOLD OUR SOULS. Got it signed a few weeks away when he came through town.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Finished Children of The Night a few days ago. Very highly recommended. I'm now a little over a quarter way through Ushers Passing. This is a very good book and perfect October reading.

Comment

Almost nearly done reading Darwyn Cooke's The New Frontier from DC comics.

This was one of the recommendations from a couple of friends when an on-line store was having an extra special sale on DC books.

It's been a fun ride - but I feel like my lack of familiarity with the Golden and Silver Age characters is limiting my enjoyment. It always seems like there is more happening but I'm not aware of it. I guess it's kind of like being the new kid in a group of friends and they all have inside jokes and history.

Regardless, Cooke's artwork is top notch.

Comment

Reluctantly downloaded the ebook. The price of the PB plus shipping didn't make sense. The library didn't have this and neither did the bookstore. Looking forward to reading it.

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
            I'm reading Children Of The Dark by Jonathan Janz . This is by far one of the best books I have read. 3/4 of the way through it and wish I had more it up last year in my TBR pile. This is one emotional rollercoaster of a book.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I started Weak and Wounded by Brian James Freeman and am enjoying it. I have not yet gone back to reading The Transfiguration Of Mister Punch. I did finish The Circus in Winter by Cathy Day. That was a really good and fun book to read.

Cap
              Last edited by c marvel; 11-24-2018, 05:02 AM.
              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                I started Weak and Wounded by Brian James Freeman and am enjoying it. I have not yet gone back to reading The Transfiguration Of Mr. Punch. I did finish The Circus in Winter by Cathy Day. That was a really good and fun book to read.

Cap
                I have enjoyed all of Mr. Freeman's work and love how the stories are grouped in themes.

Comment

I'm reading THE COMPLETE BORNE by Jeff VanderMeer and loving it. I'm regretting passing on the Southern Reach Trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                    I'm reading THE COMPLETE BORNE by Jeff VanderMeer and loving it. I'm regretting passing on the Southern Reach Trilogy.
                    Never regret. There will always be more books.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                      I'll counter this sentiment and say that you SHOULD regret not picking up The Southern Reach Trilogy as the first book is a masterpiece!

All teasing aside, I'm glad that you are enjoying THE COMPLETE BORNE. I received my copy yesterday and look forward to digging into it...at some point in the future because my reading habits have gone to pot over the last couple of years.

Comment

I did the exact opposite as I have Southern Reach on Order and skipped Borne.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                          I'll counter this sentiment and say that you SHOULD regret not picking up The Southern Reach Trilogy as the first book is a masterpiece!
                          Don't you counter ME, "Mr." Monkey!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

All teasing aside, I'm glad that you are enjoying THE COMPLETE BORNE. I received my copy yesterday and look forward to digging into it...at some point in the future because my reading habits have gone to pot over the last couple of years.
                            It's a gorgeous book. And my reading time is limited to train rides and sometimes it's hard to stay awake on the train so it takes forever for me to read a book.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                              I bet an extra copy will turn up.

Comment

I bet an extra copy will turn up.
                                I'll redirect this thread and offer for sale Finch: Heretic edition by Jeff VanderMeer to anyone interested.

Cap
                                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X