No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and I also love the Fables series. I've been reading the paperback collections as they come out and I'm up to "The Good Prince" storyline. And I remember when Bill Willingham was just starting out, getting quite a bit of attention for an independent comic called Elementals. The art was great and the story pretty good, but he wasn't able to keep a consistent schedule. He has become a terrific writer in the intervening years.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

The Illustrated Masques book was ok. I bought it mainly for the King story -Popsy- which didn't disappoint.
      Next stop:

sk

Comment

Siep, I do believe our collections have a LOT of overlap! I love me some classic Disney. I just got the first 2 Donald Duck books from Boom with all the Don Rosa stories. I'm really waiting for someone to start a complete chronological Barks collection, in color. There were some great collections being put out 25 years ago, but I don't remember what company. They were like 3 hardback books per collection in a slipcase, but they were very expensive, and still only black and white. I'd love to see something like the Complete Far Side books, or DCs Absolute editions for those stories.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

There's a massive 2 volume set that collects all of the Far Side comics. It's probably close to the dimensions of Knowing Darkness.

Comment

And those beautiful books sit right next to my Complete Calvin and Hobbes. This evening I spoke to a guy named Theron, and he actually got the joke when I asked him if he "dried the bed".

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
              I'm really waiting for someone to start a complete chronological Barks collection, in color.
              And who says wishes don't come true!
              I think you'll be happy with this upcoming publication - the first of a looooong series, I hope.
              And yeah, it's a hardcover edition!

sk

http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disneys-D...5806453&sr=8-1

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                And who says wishes don't come true!
                I think you'll be happy with this upcoming publication - the first of a looooong series, I hope.
                And yeah, it's a hardcover edition!

sk

http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disneys-D...5806453&sr=8-1
                Oh nice! And Fantagraphics has been doing some really nice collections lately. I wish I would have know about this before I went to the comic convention a few weeks ago. I think the publisher was at the booth, and I could have asked about their future plans.

Comment

Putting the Ramsey Campbell book down for a while so i can read 'The Somme' by Peter Hart. I have an idea for a story and want to know as many of the facts as possible to not do those brave men an injustice!

Comment

Just fininshed Harvest Moon and Ravenous. Next up is The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly.
                    Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. - H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Originally posted by gsconquest View Post
                      Just fininshed Harvest Moon and Ravenous. Next up is The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly.
                      I really enjoyed The Book of Lost Things...good choice!
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Finished Koontz's Frankenstein 5 Dead Town. Some ups and downs in this one. Not my favorite, but still good. I gave it a low 3/5 though.
                        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          I will probably start the "Heritage of Shannara" series next. I figure I'll keep the momentum rolling and maybe I'll make it through the books later in the timeline I never got into the first go around.
                          Man I'm tearing through books lately. Blew through all 4 books in the "Heritage of Shannara" series, and am on to "The Voyage of the Jeryle Shannara" trilogy now. It will be good to re-read these, as I only read them once and can't really remember anything from the storyline, unlike the rest of the series.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Comment

I'm about halfway through that one, myself. Some great stuff. I really liked the Return to Plain Awful.

Comment

King's Full Dark, No Stars
                                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Working...
                                X