No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished reading Edge of Dark Water and for the most part I enjoyed it, def had it's moments just the ending I wasn't feeling. Now finally got around to reading American Psycho, pretty graphic and I'm only half way through. Makes me cringe in some parts lol

Comment

American Psycho has been sitting in my Neverending, never diminishing TBR pile for awhile. I've heard it's a pretty rough read, so I've been waiting for the mood to strike.

Comment

AP is a very violent book
        Spoiler!

Comment

My first thought after finishing AP was to worry about BEE's mental health.

Comment

^It's also on my huge TBR list. I just started up Patrick Rothfuss' The Name of the Wind. About 50 pages in and loving it.

Comment

You are in for a treat!! One of my favorites!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                You are in for a treat!! One of my favorites!
                I remember talking to Pat via email before Name came out and he was nervous because I had purchased an ARC of Name and he was concerned about that possibly being one copy not sold and how the publisher would be watching the sales numbers closely. I assured him I would be buying the actual book too. LOL!!

I think I saw that his site was selling the ARC at one point for about $800. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                  ^It's also on my huge TBR list.....
                  Ain't the truth! That's why it takes me a long long time to pick the next book I want to read. Once I'm done with Duma Key.......who knows. I almost feel bad in that I've won quite a few free books and especially ARC that I just don't get around to reading. Eg. Three Body Problem - I have it and the 2nd, but when do I open.......?

Comment

Finished The Wild Hunt by James Moore and really dug it. Fun and entertaining. I was happy to know that even though the Sideshow Press edition I read is out of print, it is available in some SNAFU anthology still.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                      I remember talking to Pat via email before Name came out and he was nervous because I had purchased an ARC of Name and he was concerned about that possibly being one copy not sold and how the publisher would be watching the sales numbers closely. I assured him I would be buying the actual book too. LOL!!

I think I saw that his site was selling the ARC at one point for about $800. Yikes.
                      Dayum! His novels have skyrocketed in price in a short period of time.

Comment

I finished Duma Key this weekend. I really, really enjoyed it. Probably one of my top King reads.

After much debate for my next read - I decided to go with some classic sci-fi - Isaac Asimov's The Gods Themselves.

Comment

Duma Key came along at a time when I was considering moving King from a "hardback" author to a "paperback" author, meaning I would wait to buy his books in paperback instead of getting them immediately in hardcover. Then Duma Key came and I was so sucked into it and transported, he went right back to the top of my hardback list.

Comment

Duma Key was a very good one - glad I finally read it!

The Gods Themselves was a disappointment for me. I actually didn't finish it. Oh well....

on to: 2015 Hugo Award winner The Three Body Problem by Cixin Liu - have an ARC I won from the publisher - it's about time I opened it up too!

Comment

Sometime ago I received CD Dark Advent.

Now where has this book been half of my life?
                              I'm only about 50 pages in, but this is one of the best books I've read in a long time.
                              Recommended!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                                Sometime ago I received CD Dark Advent.

Now where has this book been half of my life?
                                I'm only about 50 pages in, but this is one of the best books I've read in a long time.
                                Recommended!

sk
                                Thanks for the input. This one is about 4 books back in my To Be Read pile. I may have to move it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X