No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be interesting if someone did what happened with Straub's last novel. There was the original trade novel, a varied novella version from Borderlands and a more extended version from Subpress.

Comment

I am reading the Scarlet Gospels now. About 117 pages in. I love the banter between the characters. I wrote in my goodreads update that I thought the minor characters were fun. I hope that continues. After years of having a real hard time with Barker and his writing I am getting back into him. This is my 4th Barker this year. I re-read Hellbound Heart. I read Tortured Souls and I read Cabal.

Comment

Finished 'Floating Dragon' - absolutely loved it. A real page turner, and at 650 odd pages that quite a feat!

Continuing with Straub, I've started 'Full Circle' ('Julia'). He really does characters well, a bit like King, but they feel more 'real'.

Comment

Finished Finders Keepers; moved on to The Scarlet Gospels. This is only my third Barker book (Weaveworld and The Thief of Always).
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Still plugging away at The Passage. I like it but it's been taking me awhile to get through it because my reading time had been limited lately. Hoping to have it done in the next week though.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              Finished Finders Keepers; moved on to The Scarlet Gospels. This is only my third Barker book (Weaveworld and The Thief of Always).
              Well those are two damn fine ones.

Comment

Read The Scarlet Gospels. Not a perfect book, and desperately in need of a strong editorial eye because it's full of shocking sloppy mistakes and inconsistencies, but I thought the story was solid and entertaining and enjoyable.

Now I'm 140 pages into The Border by McCammon and WOW! He totally has sucked me in and immersed me in this world. I'm hooked.

Comment

Limited reading time since finishing 'Floating Dragon', but what I have managed to read of 'Julia', I'm really enjoying. Apparently Centipede are releasing it - hope it matches 'If You Could See Me Now', which is a fantastic production.

Have ordered a couple of recent releases - 'The Scarlet Gospels', and 'A Head Full of Ghosts', which sounds very interesting.

Comment

I just finished Finders Keepers, and enjoyed it.

I also just reread the expanded version of The Stand, and I must say the chronological updates bug me a lot less than they did in 1990, when I first read it. There are still some that grate, such as the preponderance of old Detroit iron, and of course the $1,000 Pulsar watch, which was a relic of the '70s. Still, I can deal with it now

Comment

Reading Patrick Rothfuss again!! Just finished Name of the Wind 3rd time, well into The Wise Man's Fear. Like any great book, You just seem to find something a little different with each reading.

Comment

I am about half way through Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson. Fun ride so far! My first Stephenson too, yet I have Anathem, and Cryptonomicon on my shelf, and will likely pick up Seveneves too, as I love the basis of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                          Reading Patrick Rothfuss again!!
                          Never read him. Did I miss much?? (Serious question!)

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

sk
                            I have only read the first one, but it WAS great. I'm waiting for the 3rd before a reread.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

sk
                              I know you like fantasy so you have to read him. One of the leading lights of modern fanatsy. Just my opinion, but I rank him very highly, the equal of the first three Martin books, better than the last two. I think you'll enjoy him.

Comment

The Great and Secret Showby Clive Barker was outstanding. Reading the sequel Everville right now.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X