No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty cool to still have an erratum page if you're reading the 1987 hardcover! Any chance of a pic?

I've got the UK 1987 hardcover of Weaveworld, second printing. For a 27 year-old book it's in pretty good shape. One of these days I'll get to it. (It's been on my TBR list for not-quite-27 years. )

I'm between books, having just finished the bawdy riot that was Chuck Wendig's The Blue Blazes. I might sink into Sandman Slim next to see if I can keep the vibe going.
    The home of your least humble servant, Mr Poll: http://lucianpoll.com
    Then, of course, there's the Twitter thing: @LucianPoll
    ...oh, and the Facebook thing too: https://www.facebook.com/lucian.poll

Comment

Reading an Ebook ARC of the new Doubledown book from Journalstone(Don't think it is out yet, but not completely sure), Secrets | Outcast by John R Little and Mark Allan Gunnels that I got from Mark. Also reading Warned by Dustin Kuhlman that I got a personalized copy of from the author. Will hopefully be getting a copy of William Meikle's The Plasm soon to review
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucian Poll View Post
        Pretty cool to still have an erratum page if you're reading the 1987 hardcover! Any chance of a pic?

I've got the UK 1987 hardcover of Weaveworld, second printing. For a 27 year-old book it's in pretty good shape. One of these days I'll get to it. (It's been on my TBR list for not-quite-27 years. )

I'm between books, having just finished the bawdy riot that was Chuck Wendig's The Blue Blazes. I might sink into Sandman Slim next to see if I can keep the vibe going.
        Being a 1987 book, it is in fantastic shape and grabbed it for $2.00 at a charity book sale!!!!!

erratum.jpg

Comment

RJ if you get a chance I'm super-interested to hear your thoughts on Secrets | Outcast by John R Little and Mark Allan Gunnels. Not yet familiar with Mr. Gunnels, but Mr. Little is an extreme badass. Also I'm not sure I 100% understand the concept of this book - 2 different stories using the same character but with differing abilities? Is it the same character just under different circumstances or a different character for each book because the circumstances were different? LOL horrible question - you see my confusion...
          “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
          -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I'll let you know. I don't know for sure about the other Doubledown titles, but these have the same main characters but will be different circumstances. When I get to it this'll be the first story I read from Gunnels, though I do have some other stories from him on my Kindle Fire that I got from Amazon for free in the past. Have greatly enjoyed everything I have read from Little and am enjoying the story in this one so far (and am quite sure I will like the rest, of course).

I actually have a couple other Doubledown titles that I still need to read and review, but we'll see when I get around to doing that, lol. I feel more obligated having gotten this directly from Mark. Wouldn't feel right not reading and reviewing it soon.
            Spoiler!

Comment

The Little Double Down had been on my radar as well. Between that and the Novella coming out from Bad Moon, it seems like it is good times for us Little fans!

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                Being a 1987 book, it is in fantastic shape and grabbed it for $2.00 at a charity book sale!!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15447[/ATTACH]
                An awesome find for an awesome price! Love this!

Turns out I'm getting to Sandman Slim by way of Lovecraft. I've nibbled away at his stories for a while, but, sadly, I've always found myself wanting to like Lovecraft a lot more than actually liking his work. I live in hope that, one day, I'll find gold in them thar stories without having to take a pickaxe to his prose. (Failing that I have Robert Aickman's Cold Hand In Mine on standby.)
                The home of your least humble servant, Mr Poll: http://lucianpoll.com
                Then, of course, there's the Twitter thing: @LucianPoll
                ...oh, and the Facebook thing too: https://www.facebook.com/lucian.poll

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15447[/ATTACH]
                  I've got this one too - fifty cents!

Comment

Halfway through "The Twelve" by Justin Cronin and enjoying the ride so far.....

Comment

Finished Weaveworld - excellent book, and my first long Barker novel, and certainly not last.

Switching things up now: Going back to Sci-Fi with Peter Watts' Blindsight. The reviews sound like this a good one, plus it's a Canadian author too!!!!

Comment

Have added The Plasm by William Meikle to my currently reading pile. Am now reading 3 books in exchange for reviews!
                        Spoiler!

Comment

I almost requested The Plasm to review...... sounded pretty neat.

Comment

Had to stop about 17% of the way into Blindsight. As much as I loved the premise of the story, and the reviews were generally very good, I just could not get into it. I tried, and tried, but....just not my thing I guess.

Doing a quick one now - Turn Down the Lights!

Comment

The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                                The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi
                                This is one I really want to get my hands on. Please let me know your thoughts on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X