No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40 pages/day isn't unreasonable for me - but I could never commit to another book the size of IT right now. The Terror is taking me a while to get through at over 700. Regardless....that should be a good "project" to keep you busy for quite a while!

Comment

Started reading Cold River by Rick Hautala recently after finishing Dereliction by Ray Garton. Am also reading New Moon on the Water by Mort Castle
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

Reading Good Omens now. Really enjoying it.

Comment

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

sk
            I just read it last week. I thought it was great, and the amount of detail Simmons goes into is amazing. If you find the subject matter interesting you'll be hooked, otherwise it'll be hard to get through it.

I liked The Terror too, but I couldn't get into Drood at all.

Comment

Glad to hear that someone likes The Abominable as it hasn't been getting good reviews on Amazon. I have recently started Drood and I can definitely agree that it is hard to get into, though at about 250 pages in I'm starting to get hooked.

Recently finished The Summer I Died by Ryan C. Thomas. I'm not the biggest fan of hardcore blood-n-guts horror but I do have to say that Thomas did a great job of setting up protagonists before unleashing violence upon them. This one is not for the those with weak stomachs!

Comment

I read Only Time Will Tell by Jeffrey Archer which was awesome, best book I have read in the past year. Now reading Treasure Island by RLS.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                  I just read it last week. I thought it was great, and the amount of detail Simmons goes into is amazing. If you find the subject matter interesting you'll be hooked, otherwise it'll be hard to get through it.

I liked The Terror too, but I couldn't get into Drood at all.
                  The Terror was great! Just finished it. Abominable is high on list of books to purchase, especially if it has the same historical truth quality that The Terror does. That is one of the reasons why I enjoyed it so much.

Comment

Just finished Dreams in Black and White by John R. Little. What a great, heartbreaking book.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                      Just finished Dreams in Black and White by John R. Little. What a great, heartbreaking book.
                      Fully agree with you with you there. Not quite as great and heartbreaking to me as The Memory Tree though. That one will likely always rank as one of my favorite novels
                      Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                        Fully agree with you with you there. Not quite as great and heartbreaking to me as The Memory Tree though. That one will likely always rank as one of my favorite novels
                        I've heard that one is good. I almost picked up a s/l of it a few months back but hesitated because I already had Dreams but hadn't read it yet. Now it's gone. I guess I'll just have to keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                          I've heard that one is good. I almost picked up a s/l of it a few months back but hesitated because I already had Dreams but hadn't read it yet. Now it's gone. I guess I'll just have to keep looking.
                          Yes, I would highly recommend you pick it up when you can find one at a decent price! His novella The Gray Zone is also a good read. I haven't read anything else of his yet, but have heard very good things about Miranda as well
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                            Abominable is high on list of books to purchase, especially if it has the same historical truth quality that The Terror does. That is one of the reasons why I enjoyed it so much.
                            That's one of the things I really liked about The Abominable. I found myself Googling a lot of the gear and locations as I read the book, just because Simmons made it so detailed.

Comment

Dave - In the back of The Terror, Simmons details all his sources he used for his material in that particular book - amazing the detail and realness (if that's a word) that he put in. For me, having a big sense of "real" really gets me into books like this.

Comment

I'm working my way through Blue War by Jeffrey Thomas. Next will be Red Cells by the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X