No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started my LibraryThing giveaway win Appalachian Undead on lunch break today on my good ol' Kobo. Should be a fun read. It's a bunch of zombie related stories set in....are you ready...... Appalachia region of the US.

Comment

Been on a Weston Ochse binge, started with

Nancy Goats a Delirium Novella Series, great short story.

Seal Team 666: Age of Blood an advance reader copy of this sequel coming out this fall. Not bad, kind of light and fluffy compared to his other works. Seems like its written for a movie, which makes sense since the original novel has been opted.

Scare Crow Gods, this one was a Bram Stoker award winner for first novel, and I can see why, fantastic read so far.
      If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Reading Wool, thanks to lots of people her on this board. I'm really enjoying this so far.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
          I should be finishing off The Thicket by Joe Lansdale in the next day or so. What a fantastic read so far. I wasn't sure what to expect going into it, but consider myself lucky to have won this ARC from Goodreads. It's my first Lansdale, and first western themed read as well. I really love how Lansdale paints a picture of the time period, and also the surroundings that this story takes place in.
          At Joe's site he puts up a short story for free reading every week, I highly recommend it. They are short enough you can read it during lunch at work.

http://www.joerlansdale.com/hotstuff.shtml
          If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Originally posted by paperdragon View Post
            At Joe's site he puts up a short story for free reading every week, I highly recommend it. They are short enough you can read it during lunch at work.

http://www.joerlansdale.com/hotstuff.shtml
            Cool. Thanks, I will check it out!

Comment

Just started Childhood's End by Arthur C Clarke on the good ol' Kobo. Really looking forward to this one.

Comment

TJ, that's one of my favorites. And #2 from Clarke (after 2001)

I just finished Joyland and am starting "Horns" next. Hope to get Joe to sign it in a couple weeks.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

It's been one I've wanted to read for a long time.

In another post I mentioned that my Dad was at one time a member of the science fiction bookclub as well as having pretty much the entire Arthur C Clarke, and Asimov collections - all lost in a flooded basement.

Comment

Ouch! I've got a neighbor who's big into Sci-fi and autograph collecting. He invited me to see the lair the other day and there on his shelf was a signed copy (Paperback) of 2001: A Space Odyssey. I so wanted to snatch it.
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn was a dark, though enjoyable read. Well-written murder mystery with highly damaged characters. The only downside was that I felt the ending, with a decent amount of reveals, felt more like an epilogue than a main part of the story. Given how the events played out, it would have been hard for Flynn to do this another way, but it just didn't stick the landing as well as I had hoped. That quibble aside, I will be looking forward to reading more of Flynn's work in the future.

Comment

Trying to catch up on reading as this has been one crazy summer. 72% through the SK uncollected un published ebook. Starting Worms tonight and hope to read Sow tomorrow. Also next week I plan on getting to Library Policeman from 4 past Midnight as I have put that collection on the back burner for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          Also next week I plan on getting to Library Policeman from 4 past Midnight as I have put that collection on the back burner for a long time.
                          I really enjoyed that story. Very creepy.
                          Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Just finished Wool. Thanks to everyone on this board who recommended it. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to getting the next one in the trilogy.

Still deciding what to read next....

Comment

Lansdale Edge of Dark Water and Gaiman The Ocean at the End of the Lane

Attached Files

Comment

My friend just read The Ocean at the End of the Lane and said he really enjoyed it.

I am currently reading Richard Tierney and David C. Smith's R.E.Howard Bran Mak Morn pastiche For the Witch of the Mist. I'm digging it so far, not as good as the original of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X