Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may - depends on my mood after I'm done Hyperion - LOL

Comment

Just finished Retribution Inc by Geoff Cooper and starting The Hole by William Meikle in a few minutes.

Comment

I ran out of new library books, so I reread The Dead Zone and Firestarter yesterday, and started The Shining.

It's fun reading these again, especially because they are the original trade paperbacks that I bought when they first came out. I remember reading this particular copy of The Shining at school in 1979.

Comment

I finished Hyperion - it was a very good sci-fi read. I didn't expect it to be so much of the stories of the pilgrims, as opposed to more about the result of their pilgrimage - I assume Fall of Hyperion will cover that.

Before I jump into that, I am now reading my Goodreads win: The Thicket by Joe Lansdale. Very good so far - glad I have a chance to read this before it is for sale in stores!!!!!

Comment

I couldn't get into The Chosen. So I read part II of Don Quixote. DQ part I & II are on my favorite books short list now. Not sure when I'll pick The Chosen back up. Of course, I'm not certain when I'll pick NOS4A2 back up either.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'm halfway through "The Teachings of Don Juan" by Carlos Castaneda. Not what I expected. So far there hasn't been any wisdom, just a guy experimenting with drugs. Yawn.

Recently finished "The Professionals" by Owen Laukkanen. It was a good caper book, but the ending stunk. I tend to root for the villains; he made you care about them and then just decimated everything at the end. Boo. I wish the ending hadn't been so "morally just."

Comment

Reading Wizard and Glass by S.King. This thing is a brick.

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
                  Reading Wizard and Glass by S.King. This thing is a brick.
                  I got stalled halfway through. Every now and then I pick it up again, but I'm not getting anywhere. I just think it moves way too slow.

Comment

W&G is the only thing I dread about rereading the DT series. It's about 300 pages too long and is the least interesting of the 8 books and 1 novella. Good luck!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'm glad I am not the only one who dislikes this book. I couldn't put the dark tower books down until I got there. Got stalled on that one for quite a while. So damn boring.

Comment

I'm on page 215 of 669. Initially I found it good but now it's flash backing to when Roland was young and its definitely boring.

Comment

I didn't have a problem getting through Wizard but I thought the whole saga should have been pared down to five books. After DTII, it felt like they became too wordy and at times rambled.

Comment

I should be finishing off The Thicket by Joe Lansdale in the next day or so. What a fantastic read so far. I wasn't sure what to expect going into it, but consider myself lucky to have won this ARC from Goodreads. It's my first Lansdale, and first western themed read as well. I really love how Lansdale paints a picture of the time period, and also the surroundings that this story takes place in.

Up next will be a LibraryThing win titled Appalachian Undead which from what I understand, is a anthology of zombie type stories based in, of course, the Appalachian region of the US.

Comment

Almost finished with "Masks of the Illuminati". Even better than the original trilogy.

Recently purchased a set of the "Prydain" books by Lloyd Alexander, so I'm itching to start those. Also, "Another Day, Another Dungeon" by Greg Costikyan, which I read years ago when it first came out, and recently stumbled upon it on Amazon so I was overcome with nostalgia and had to buy it again.

Comment

I loved the Prydain books. We read "The Book of Three" in 8th grade English and I read the rest of the series soon after. I loved our curriculum in 8th grade. We also read "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" and had an entire section on horror which included writing a couple horror stories, the start of my literary ambitions.
                                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X