No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Aloha From Hell" - Richard Kadrey. About halfway through it; still waiting on the library for the fourth book. Hope they hurry.
    And probably because it's October, I'm getting into vampire mode again, though I haven't settled on anything yet. I like Ann Rice, but she can be so darn... fluffy. I prefer darker works.

Comment

Just finished IDW's Zombie vs Robots: This Means War

Overall pretty good, I would prefer stories of Zombies being ground to hamburger by battalions of Warbots but still entertaining. The first story was the weakest for me, which I found odd that they would lead off without a stronger story.
      If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

I'm cuirrently reading Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston...I know this particular book is way off topic but I couldn't resist picking it up. Actually I got it when I was coming back to work from lunch...there's a used bookstore with a display of all the so called "banned" books in front of the store. Of course, rebel like I am, I had to pick up one of them..lol. So far it's pretty interesting. Whoever owned it before must have had to do a paper on it at school or something because it's full of notes and underlined paragraphs..lol.

Comment

Has anyone here read Cloud Atlas? The move trailer looks cool and I've "read" good reviews about the book.

Comment

Another recent read was "The Strain". I thought it did a good job of building the story line and character development, pacing was pretty good. However towards the end it felt rushed and without giving anything away thought the big fight scene with the vampire was really bad and nonsensical

Comment

I agree. I enjoyed it up until the end and it just seemed like the fight was there simply to give some sort of climax, but didn't quite hit the mark. Sad because the rest of pretty darn entertaining. I'll have to read the other two books one of these days to see how it ends.
              Originally posted by paperdragon View Post
              Another recent read was "The Strain". I thought it did a good job of building the story line and character development, pacing was pretty good. However towards the end it felt rushed and without giving anything away thought the big fight scene with the vampire was really bad and nonsensical

Comment

Picked up "Devil Said Bang" today. Hooray! One of the most satisfying series I've read. I hope Mr. K never stops.

Comment

I decided to re-read The Hobbit in preparation for the movie in December. It's been years since I've read it last.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Just finished a Night in the Lonesome October, Zelazny. HMMMM, I have the 12....Waiting for Joe Abercrombie's The Red Country....Can't decide..I'll let You know Later.
                    MDH

Comment

Just finished Brimstone (Pendergast #5) by Preston/Child. Another great entry in the series. On to Power that Preserves by Stephen R Donaldson.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        Just finished a Night in the Lonesome October, Zelazny. HMMMM, I have the 12....Waiting for Joe Abercrombie's The Red Country....Can't decide..I'll let You know Later.
                        MDH
                        and the winner is Lee Child, A Wanted Man!!

Comment

COuldn't get into Donaldson at the moment....on to Dance of Death (Preston/Child #6)

Comment

Haven't done much reading in the last few months, but I did read

Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot by Bill O'reilly and Martin DuGard. I'm still not sure how I feel about populist history and the lack of noted scholarship bothers me some, but a good read.

The Twelve by Justin Cronin. More satisfying than The Passage; episodic, but not annoyingly so, like TP. The whole thing is really well-written. Those of you who made the decision to wait until the trilogy is complete to read these books may have been wise because I found myself floundering to remember who people were.

Currently reading In Sunlight and in Shadow by Mark Helprin
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Well, let's see...

still reading "Devil Said Bang" - should finish it in a day or two

"The Crystal Cave" - Mary Stewart. This is to satisfy my "nostalgic" mood - sometimes I think of growing up out in the middle of nowhere, going off and finding a nice tree to climb up and sit in and read, with nothing but the wind and the crows and the sun to keep me company, and when I get like that I like to read things that remind me of those times.

"The Colour of Magic" - Terry Pratchett. Nostalgia again - not that he's not great; he is; but I've always found his books comforting, especially when it's cold outside and I'm buried under blankets in bed and I can drift off to sleep with visions of dragons and magic in my head.

Comment

Viking Dead by Toby Venables , zombies and vikings, its all right, nothing epic.

Comment

Working...
                                X