No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new one next would be proper sequence but with the small amount of actual ka-tet story its not necessary.

Comment

Have recently finished with Conqueror Worms II: Deluge and Secretary of Dreams Vol. 2

Am now reading David Bell's Cemetery Girl. Next up will be either Devil of Echo Lake since I just got the ARC of it or Bullettime, which sounds very good
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

I just read The Road by Cormac McCarthy - looking for another ... not sure but might break out one of the Grab Bags and just pick one
        It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

Finished Floating Staircase.A must read for all you ghost story lovers.I got so lost in this book at times I forgot it was a book.Great. Just great.One of the best books I have read this year.

Comment

I was able to meet Mr. Hill when he was promoting Horns. Very nice guy. I also agree Heart Shaped Box is a great read.
            Originally posted by BookCollecting101 View Post
            I loved Heart Shaped Box... I am thinking about rereading it as a matter of fact as I read it when it first came out. I met Joe Hill at a book signing - he seemed like a really nice guy.

Comment

Thanks, I may have to add that one to my to read list.
              Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              Finished Floating Staircase.A must read for all you ghost story lovers.I got so lost in this book at times I forgot it was a book.Great. Just great.One of the best books I have read this year.

Comment

Just finished Indignities of the flesh by Mr. Little.Great short story collection.Think I might read The Taking by Koontz next.

Comment

Finished "Sandman Slim" (for the second time); heading out to the library later to get the next two, along with Dee Snider's book.

Comment

Just started King Blood by Simon Clark this morning. SOmehow I forgot to read it when it first came in.

Comment

"The Warm Glow of Happy Homes" by Andersen Prunty. My favorite Bizarro author. His stuff is weird by virtue of the genre, but it's in a more coherent way than a lot of other Bizarro authors. He's not "weird for weird's sake"; he comes up with some really odd ideas, but they're still grounded in reality. (By the way, this is currently a free ebook at B&N)

Comment

Just finished "Fear" by Ron Kelly and both volumes of "Maus". Not sure what to get into next, either "Princess Bride" or "Crane House".

Comment

"Kill the Dead" - Richard Kadrey
                          "The Bell Jar" - Sylvia Plath

and I'm on my way to the library so who knows what I'll end up with.

Comment

Ok decisions have been made... I'm going to read 4 books, watch 29 movies, and 4 tv shows for the month of October. Plus whatever else randomly gets thrown into the mix. Sounds like a lot but I only sleep 4 hours a day on average. Only going to list the books;

October Dreams
                            The Crane House
                            Orangefield by Sarrantonio
                            Halloween Mouse by Laymon

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                              Ok decisions have been made... I'm going to read 4 books, watch 29 movies, and 4 tv shows for the month of October. Plus whatever else randomly gets thrown into the mix. Sounds like a lot but I only sleep 4 hours a day on average. Only going to list the books;

October Dreams
                              The Crane House
                              Orangefield by Sarrantonio
                              Halloween Mouse by Laymon
                              Wow. In the Army I manged to get by on about five hours a night, but if left to my own devices I have no problem sleeping ten hours or so; guess it all comes down to conditioning!

Comment

I slept in today and got 6 hours, about once a month I'll crash and do 8-9 hours. Although I did have surgery last Friday so I spent pretty much the whole weekend and part of Monday completely out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X