Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dark Region Press - WTF? Unbelievable...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Wicked Jester View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21036[/ATTACH]
    YIKES! I'll be doing an unboxing video of mine and if that book is bouncing around in the box, everyone will know about it. Everyone = all 4 of the people who watch the video. I also have the lettered pre-ordered. I'll lose my mind if the lettered is packed that way. I've ordered other books from DRP and they were all packed very well. So this is really unfortunate.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      YIKES! I'll be doing an unboxing video of mine and if that book is bouncing around in the box, everyone will know about it. Everyone = all 4 of the people who watch the video. I also have the lettered pre-ordered. I'll lose my mind if the lettered is packed that way. I've ordered other books from DRP and they were all packed very well. So this is really unfortunate.
      jeffingoff, I watch your channel frequently. It's great by the way. Apparently, DR is using amazon logistics to ship out the books. That is why the packing job sucked. Ironically, Amazon couldn't give a shit about books. Every book I have ordered from them always arrived damaged.

      Comment


        #18
        After 2 days, I finally reached DRP via facebook messaging. They replied with apologies and suggested I send the book back for a replacement. They also sent me a $10 gift card that I don't think I'll be using. So, let's wait and see what happens. I'll keep everyone posted.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Wicked Jester View Post
          After 2 days, I finally reached DRP via facebook messaging. They replied with apologies and suggested I send the book back for a replacement. They also sent me a $10 gift card that I don't think I'll be using. So, let's wait and see what happens. I'll keep everyone posted.
          Glad you were able to get a response.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Wicked Jester View Post
            After 2 days, I finally reached DRP via facebook messaging. They replied with apologies and suggested I send the book back for a replacement. They also sent me a $10 gift card that I don't think I'll be using. So, let's wait and see what happens. I'll keep everyone posted.
            I'm glad you got a response. Facebook seems to be the communication device of choice for many businesses these days. Did they have any comment about how the book was packaged? Is the replacement book going to be shipped the same way? I think I would want assurances that it would not be.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
              I'm glad you got a response. Facebook seems to be the communication device of choice for many businesses these days. Did they have any comment about how the book was packaged? Is the replacement book going to be shipped the same way? I think I would want assurances that it would not be.
              Yes, here is their reply via facebook messaging:

              "We agree, and we specified with their warehouse team to ship it much better than that, so this was an errant shipment and we sincerely apologize. We are discussing this with their warehouse team now. In the meantime, we will absolutely get you a replacement copy shipped in MINT condition. Please see our customer service e-mail which was sent."

              BTW - when they say "warehouse team" they are referring to amazon's fulfillment service. The book was delivered in an amazon box, with an amazon receipt. I laugh at this because Amazon couldn't give a shit about how or what they ship to customers. DRP concerns will likely be ignored by Amazon. Good luck to anyone who ordered this book. Perhaps you will have better luck than me.
              Last edited by Wicked Jester; 09-13-2018, 01:03 PM.

              Comment


                #22
                I would probably be cautiously optimistic after that response. I know what you mean about Amazon though. I have had bad experiences with how they package books as well. Hopefully DRP's packaging instructions to them will be heeded in the future.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Wicked Jester View Post
                  Yes, here is their reply via facebook messaging:

                  "We agree, and we specified with their warehouse team to ship it much better than that, so this was an errant shipment and we sincerely apologize. We are discussing this with their warehouse team now. In the meantime, we will absolutely get you a replacement copy shipped in MINT condition. Please see our customer service e-mail which was sent."

                  BTW - when they say "warehouse team" they are referring to amazon's fulfillment service. The book was delivered in an amazon box, with an amazon receipt. I laugh at this because Amazon couldn't give a shit about how or what they ship to customers. DRP concerns will likely be ignored by Amazon. Good luck to anyone who ordered this book. Perhaps you will have better luck than me.
                  For what it's worth, Amazon fulfillment is different than regular Amazon. While they may not actually care about the customer receiving the product, they do care about keeping the business of the companies using their services. It may seem a bit odd, but the customer service is actually a lot better, since it's the business end of things.
                  CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                  Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

                  Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I'm not sure what happened with your package and I'm sorry. I received mine today and snapped a few photos for reference:

                    01.jpg

                    02.jpg

                    03.jpg

                    04.jpg

                    05.jpg
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      I'm not sure what happened with your package and I'm sorry. I received mine today and snapped a few photos for reference:

                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]21046[/ATTACH]

                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]21047[/ATTACH]

                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]21048[/ATTACH]

                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]21049[/ATTACH]

                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]21050[/ATTACH]

                      Lucky you!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X