Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misery chastain loves co.
    replied
    I always said to myself "I will NEVER get one of these! bah humbug!" but then a friend bought me one for Christmas and now I cant imagine being without it! I literally have no more room for my books so this certainly comes in handy for storage purposes. There are some great finds in the kindle store that you cant find in printed form(especially for horror nuts like me) for pretty cheap! You can also put a TON on there. While I still enjoy books on the shelf and will continue to buy every Stephen King hardcover that ever comes out, I am proud to be a member on the kindle bandwagon

Leave a comment:

• C.W. LaSart
    replied
    I am a total bibliophile-I LOVE everything about books! But I do love the Nook Color I got for Christmas this year. I like the fact that I can just download a book and read it right away. Bookstores are getting hard to come by so I order almost everything online. I have found a compromise, I still buy the books by all my favorite authors, but if I am just bumming around for something to read or trying someone new, I get it on the Nook. If I really enjoy the read, I order the book. If I don't enjoy it, then it doesn't take up room on my overflowing bookshelves.

Leave a comment:

• folgersnyourcup
    replied
    My girlfriend loves her Nook, but I can't read a book unless I am holding it physically in my hands. One of the biggest reasons is I love to own hardcovers and see them on my shelf. But also, my eyes hurt after trying to read for long periods of time on a screen.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Put me in the group that doesn't Kindle, Nook, Schnook, or Swindle. A good book is as much a pleasure to hold as to read. I have a few e-books, but after 3 minutes of reading on my computer i lost interest. I had to print them out, 3-ring them and then read them.

I read The Painted Darkness only after I printed it out--I need to get the book, it's that good. I was really annoyed that Brian Hodge's end notes to Picking the Bones was only on-line.

I am against book burning, but I'd be up for an All-American Kindle Smash if anyone's interested!!!

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    I use the kindle for one publisher that I get the kindle version with my LT deal. I like having the kidle version, but I would never want "just" an ebook version of something.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I agree with RJK1981 and Pixie.....plus my eyes hurt reading on a screen for an extended amount of time.

Leave a comment:

• pixie
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    I have used Kindle apps on my computer before and have their Droid app on my phone, but have no an eReader and don't plan on having one as I highly prefer the physical book (especially hardcover). Physical books will work whether there is electricity or not, unlike computers or eReaders (Batteries gotta be charged, they don't last forever).
    I agree 100% There is nothing better than holding the physical book and reading a great story! LONG LIVE THE PRINTED BOOK!

Leave a comment:

• pixie
    replied
    I don't kindle or nook or read on an ipad. Call me old fashioned but I prefer the old fashioned book.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I use the Kindle app on my Droid phone and PC. I primarily use it to read short stories. The reason is, like Dan mentioned above, that it is a great way to lose track of time when you are waiting for something. CD did offer a few eBooks a while back but I am not sure if they are still available.

Leave a comment:

• larryki
    replied
    When I'm giving plasma and only have one hand I use my Cooler reader I got from QVC. It is super lightweight which I like. Currently reading The Passage. At home I'm reading about 7 books depending on what room I'm in :-)

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    I have used Kindle apps on my computer before and have their Droid app on my phone, but have no an eReader and don't plan on having one as I highly prefer the physical book (especially hardcover). Physical books will work whether there is electricity or not, unlike computers or eReaders (Batteries gotta be charged, they don't last forever).

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    I'm a big fan of my Kindle -- it's especially nice for reading submissions!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Robert Spearman
    replied
    chantal, arent you supposed to be working?

Leave a comment:

• chantal
    replied
    I own the B&N Nook. I absolutely ADORE it. All your books on one handheld = AMAZING.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    I read most of my books on a tablet, Galaxy Tab to be exact. I still buy the hardcover's in most cases, but it's really just nice to be able to take more than one book with you when you go places, and with the kindle software if I don't have my tablet I can read them off my phone, it's really nice if you find yourself waiting somewhere for something.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X