Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debut of my magazine column about collectible horror fiction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• njhorror
    replied
    hmmm...I may have to invest in a copy or three.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Thanks, MG. There was so much to talk about r.e. Dark Harvest (novels (like that copy of THEY THIRST I spy to left in your collection!), collections, anthologies) that I found myself having to limit myself to a focused, manageable slice of their output. If I'd had three times the editorial space, I could've covered things more exhaustively, but I think that only you and I and other ardent Dark Harvest fans would've enjoyed that. I appreciate the kind words, and, as well, the first look at the magazine in the wild...I haven't even received my copies yet, so that's pretty cool to see.

I just started my second column -- for the forthcoming Sept. issue -- and it's even more focused, a single project by a particular author with unique collectible properties. I think for the third column I'll change it up a bit and take a 1000-foot view of some facet of the limited-edition scene.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    My copy arrived in today's mail. First of all, I must comment on how refreshing it is to hold a hard copy of a zine in hand when so much of today's output is online only. Secondly, the price is ridiculously low considering the quality of the publication. What's not to love?

I turned to your article first, Ron, and read it in its entirety. It is very well written and informative. Being a huge fan of the works of Robert McCammon, Dark Harvest is a publisher that has always held a high place of interest in my collection. The Dark Harvest editions of both Swan Song and They Thirst are still highly sought after by McCammon collectors, especially the signed/limited and lettered versions. Congrats on what I would say is a very successful column. I've yet to read the rest of the magazine but it looks to be a winner overall. I am looking forward to more issues and more of your articles. Good job!

Shotgun Strange Stories 1.jpg

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Received notice that this is shipping.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    I just inquired about shipping to Canada. Hopefully the tariffs won't be exorbitant!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Thanks again, guys! :-)

(And, Bugen, I miss your video reviews...)

Leave a comment:

• bugen
    replied
    Fantastic news, Ron, congratulations! That's a great call by Shotgun Strange Stories, too.

Leave a comment:

• daverob
    replied
    Ron, having read and enjoyed your posts in forums for many years now, I am very happy to hear that you’re doing this. Looking forward to getting a copy and reading your column.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

Seriously, guys, thanks so much...I do hope it lives up to expectations. My concern this time around is that it's a little more slight in length than perhaps in hindsight I should have done...but I could have droned on for two, three times the length I had on the subject of the column, and was concerned that I would be getting too mired in detail and examination of specific content, more blow-by-blow review than a more generalized view (and the latter of which is what I'd set out to do) of the subject matter. I'd like to think I hit a happy medium, but next time I may relax a bit and have faith that that folks don't a mind a little droning...

Or maybe it's just right, I don't know...I'm still kind of feeling out the vibe and goal of this column. Will be interested to hear what you guys honestly think of it, see if I'm on the right track or need to retool a bit.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I saw this on your Twitter this morning and grabbed one. Cover is really cool
    Just one? What kind of friend are you?

(I ordered one as well . . .)

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    I saw this on your Twitter this morning and grabbed one. Cover is really cool

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Really appreciate the congrats and support, guys...hope the column justifies it.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    That is really cool, Ron! I'll be picking up a copy.

Leave a comment:

• One eyed cat
    replied
    Ordered a copy. Look forward to reading this.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Ron, congrats!! I haven't bought one yet but I'm going to!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X