Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the_last_gunslinger
    replied
    I've got several bookmarks that I use, since I'm generally in the middle of multiple readings. I've got a Stephen King one that I won as part of my participation in the SK Trivia group on King's official message forum, my sister bought me a metal bookmark for Christmas that hooks over the spine and has a curved stem upon which is written, "Literature is Write On!" It also came with three interchangeable charms that dangle off the hook: a quill pen, a jar of ink and an open book. I also have a couple from a book store in Mackinaw City, and of course all of my Easton Press books come with Satin markers, which I absolutely love.

Leave a comment:

• Untitled
    replied
    I've got a stack of postcards I've picked up for a few cents each over the years. I try to pick one that somehow goes with what I'm reading, thematically speaking, and use that.

Leave a comment:

• Eldritch
    replied
    I use my old Disney World tickets.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    The limited edition of Under The Dome came with a set of 28 character cards. They would make nice bookmarks. Haven't tried them out, tho.

Leave a comment:

• jester05jk
    replied
    I've got a decent stack of bookmarks. My mom sends me one for my bday and xmas every year since I was like 10 and freebies from bookstores/online sites. Normally end up using the one from horroryearbook.com

Leave a comment:

• folgersnyourcup
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Lol, I would hope you're not using cheeto's. That would totally ruin the book.
    Nah, adds character. Goes well when reading "Firestarter". Gives the pages somewhat of a fire-burned look. I've got a signed by me paperback copy of "Firestarter" for sale pre- fire-burned, 50 bucks and its yours.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by folgersnyourcup View Post
    I use anything and everything. Torn bits of notebook paper, tissues, napkins, candy bar wrappers, a potato chip, part of a cheeto, piece of cat fur, dirt, etc., whatever happens to be nearby on my floor. Some of those are made up.
    Lol, I would hope you're not using cheeto's. That would totally ruin the book.

Leave a comment:

• folgersnyourcup
    replied
    I use anything and everything. Torn bits of notebook paper, tissues, napkins, candy bar wrappers, a potato chip, part of a cheeto, piece of cat fur, dirt, etc., whatever happens to be nearby on my floor. Some of those are made up.

Leave a comment:

• pixie
    replied
    I use a bookmark that was from a The Dark Tower Comic promotion. I think it was promoting The Long Road Home.

Leave a comment:

• Tree705
    replied
    I use duplicate art collector card, I haven't bought any in years but I still have a huge stack to use.

Leave a comment:

• cdfan
    replied
    Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    Cool, would be nice if they stared doing that again... /cough cough*
    I second that cough. It'd be nice to see a CD bookmark offered as part of a promotion or grab bag.

As for bookmarks themselves, I don't think I've ever had to buy one, I've gained quite a collection from stores putting free ones in the bag with my purchase. I just grab one and use it as needed.

I do have a specific Superman one(also free) that is longer than usual that I use for my graphic novels.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I always get a bookmark or two as Christmas stocking stuffers. I have several different ones. I still have several of the old bookmarks CD used to include with a book purchase, I really like those.
    Cool, would be nice if they stared doing that again... /cough cough*

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I always get a bookmark or two as Christmas stocking stuffers. I have several different ones. I still have several of the old bookmarks CD used to include with a book purchase, I really like those.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    I sometimes use receipts, but lately, depending the book size I use either a bookmark from Half Price Books (The ones they sometimes stick in your bag when you buy stuff, not one you purchase), and sometimes I use little strip from Netflix mailers that you take off to send the movie back, lol

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    Nice! Gotta get mine to do that as well.
    If she does it, as a suggestion, I have my wife mafe one extra for each kid and I keep those on the side for them when they are older. We usually use pictures since the last Father's Day, so you can see their growth through the bookmarks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X