Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part of me hopes it is a comic book version of The Dead Zone because I'll save money by not having to buy it. No interest. Unless it's by an artist that I like (not a fan of quite a few artists who have been involved in the SK books.)

Another part of me hopes it's something else because I want a fancy book of something

Comment

Yeah I hope it's something like The Dead Zone just because I don't have any interest in that and it will allow me to save money. Honestly at this point I don't think I need LEs for 90% of King's preexisting books -- It and The Shining were the big ones for me. Maybe 'Eyes of the Dragon' or 'Hearts in Atlantis' as they rank among my favorite SK books.

Comment

I think there is enough hype now, so for giggles if the big announcement was for something like a cemetery dance bookmark with flames on it, it would be funny you have to admit. ...while the fit absolutely pulverizes the shan.

Comment

@ Brian. Somewhere around here you referenced the different sources and timeframes for the announcement. I can't seem to find that post now. Is it possible for you to repost this?

I want to make sure I'm available and sadly I may not be. I will not be available from 1 pm to 3:30 est or so and I don't have a mobile device to keep track of this...
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

He said it won't be on the news page but will be announced on twitter, Facebook, and via newsletter. And on the forum. I believe the time was 11am est or thereabouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
              He said it won't be on the news page but will be announced on twitter, Facebook, and via newsletter. And on the forum. I believe the time was 11am est or thereabouts.
              Yep, 11 AM eastern time on Monday is the goal. The CDCC will be sent a note right before that with the direct link. Then the newsletter starts sending at 11 AM and could take up to 2 hours to send to everyone, unfortunately, due to the size of our list. While the newsletter starts to send at 11, we'll post on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.

If anything goes wrong, I'll be slamming my head on my desk because I've spent a month getting everything in order for this to go well. So listen for that sound for updates if nothing happens around 11.

Brian
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Hooray and thanks!

Comment

I have quite enjoyed every ones theories, some are very persuasive and some a little loopy. My first hunches were Firestarter and Dead Zone back during the initial announcement. The flames had me leaning toward Firestarter at first but my gut feeling is its the Deadzone. So my official entry is Deadzone.
                  If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

I just saw this...

Facebook: Originally Posted by Richard Chizmar
                    Did I mention we have a very big, very cool announcement coming on Monday? It might not be for everyone, but it's something we've wanted to do for a long time and something I'm really proud of.
                    A full length graphic novel adaptation of one of Stephen King's most important books anyone?
                    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                    - Stephen King

Comment

My official entry is Carrie

Comment

With the "...might not be for everyone..." deal I am leaning more towards a mixed media or graphic novel type of announcement.

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                        I just saw this...

A full length graphic novel adaptation of one of Stephen King's most important books anyone?

Comment

Maybe Rich is just messing with us by saying might not be for everyone. Come on every book has people who will not want it.

Comment

Very true. If it is a graphic novel type release I may pass on it though. For a book collector I have a pretty crappy budget so I need to be selective. LOL.

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                            Maybe Rich is just messing with us by saying might not be for everyone. Come on every book has people who will not want it.

Comment

I'm just pleased that they're doing a second October Dreams. I'm really looking forward to that. Not much into graphic novels, don't no way, they just don't appeal to me. Of course it's impossible, but I hope everybody will be happy with whatever news we get on Monday.
                              Mike

Comment

As long as it's not a colonoscopy, I won't be displeased!

Comment

Working...
                                X