Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 2024 - How many?

Finished 5 in June.

1. Subject 11 by Jeffery Thomas was a complete snooze. Disjointed plot line, uninteresting characters, and a WTF ending. 1 / 5

2. The Pallbearers Club was the fifth novel I’ve read by Paul Tremblay, and is easily my least favorite. I found the first half (or the first part) to be, if not a compelling read, at least interesting. But I had no interest in the post high school part of the story. Found the characters to be uninteresting and the story was very repetitive. A weak ending didn’t help. 1.5 / 5

3. Of Mice and Men. An American classic for a reason, Of mice and Men still packs a punch. 5 / 5

4. Shakespeare Unleashed was editor James Aquilone’s follow up anthology to Classic Monsters Unleashed. I found this anthology to be hit or miss, as some of stories required more background knowledge into the works of Shakespeare (I’m limited to the 4 plays I needed to read to get through high school). Interesting stories by Gwendolyn Kiste, Lisa Morton, Philip Fracassi, Simon Bestwick, Zachery Rosenberg, Lee Murray, and Kasey and Joe lansdale. 3.5 
    / 5

5. Becoming the Boogeyman is the sequel to Richard Chizmar’s meta fiction novel Chasing the Boogeyman. Chizmar maintains the meta fictional storyline in BTB with a Silence of the Lambs aspect; the Boogeyman, now in prison, will only speak with Chizmar. BTB was well paced, action packed, and a quick read. However, after finishing the book I realized that nothing was really explained. Maybe everything will be explained in the third book, as BTB ends at a cliffhanger. 3.5 / 5

B
Working...
X