Karl Edward Wagner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karl Edward Wagner

I'm wondering if there are many fans of the man himself here? I love his Kane novels, I've read Last Crusade and Death Angel's Shadow and both are great dark sword & sorcery. I haven't read many of horror works but I know he edited The Year's Best Horror for many years. What are some of your favourites by Mr. Wagner? I'd like to see some of his get re-printed it'll cost you an arm and leg to get the Nightshade books copies of his works these days.

I have not read much but I do like what I have read. Only short stories. He has 2 collections out from CP but I do not own them.

Comment

He's got a story in The Century's Best Horror Fiction Vol. 2, but I haven't read it yet.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Not familiar with his stories.

Comment

His story "Sticks" has always stuck with me, so to speak, I am interested in getting the two collections of his short stories but they are still a bit pricy, waiting for some battered, used copies to come up for sale at a cheaper price

Comment

I'm a huge fan of KEW. It always surprises me that he's not more popular among horror fans. I have the CP collection - there are some pics of it in my collection thread. It's also available in a trade edition. Not only are the stories and art excellent, it also includes essays about the man, his life, and his incredibly tragic death. There are also some great photo's of KEW, with many well known writers, at conventions etc.
            I also have his two stand alone horror collections - 'Why Not You and I?', and 'In a Lonely Place' - I'm going to post some pics of them in my collection thread, if anyones interested.

Comment

Always interested in seeing more books!
              Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
              I'm a huge fan of KEW. It always surprises me that he's not more popular among horror fans. I have the CP collection - there are some pics of it in my collection thread. It's also available in a trade edition. Not only are the stories and art excellent, it also includes essays about the man, his life, and his incredibly tragic death. There are also some great photo's of KEW, with many well known writers, at conventions etc.
              I also have his two stand alone horror collections - 'Why Not You and I?', and 'In a Lonely Place' - I'm going to post some pics of them in my collection thread, if anyones interested.

Comment

Working...
              X