No announcement yet.

Good Reads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, the days when quality programming dominanted TV.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I probably should not admit this on here but I can honestly say that I have never seen any episode of any of the Star Trek series. I did see one movie, The Wrath of Khan and it made no sense to me.
      Originally posted by TJCams View Post
      Lawrence Welk - my grandmother loved him - wasn't he a polka guy, or played accordion?????

My Saturday nights growing up were pretty typical - go to my Dad's (parents divorced), ordered a pizza, watched Star Trek at 7pm, Don Cherry's Grapevine at 7:30pm, and Hockey Night in Canada at 8pm. Now the games start at 7.

I do remember watching Hee Haw fairly often, and I love All in the Family and The Jeffersons!!!!

Comment

I wasn't that big a fan of the original series. I did grow up on Next Generation though and loved all of those movies. Voyager wasn't bad either. Deep Space 9 was boring though.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I never had much choice..... my Dad was/is a huge Trekkie. Not really my thing. Other option was Colecovision in the other room until pizza arrived.

Comment

I liked the original series. Some of TNG was pretty good. Tuned out the rest. But I'll go see the movies! Multiple times!
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Lawrence Welk was the polka guy but was also known on the show as champagne music. I remember my grandmother telling me everytime Bobby came on to dance that he was from the Mickey Mouse club. Another great old show. Speaking of Disney why with all the great shows they have in the vault do they not have a Disney classic channel? The Disney channel no only shows yuck shows... but my daughter likes them and I do not understand them.
              Originally posted by TJCams View Post
              Lawrence Welk - my grandmother loved him - wasn't he a polka guy, or played accordion?????

My Saturday nights growing up were pretty typical - go to my Dad's (parents divorced), ordered a pizza, watched Star Trek at 7pm, Don Cherry's Grapevine at 7:30pm, and Hockey Night in Canada at 8pm. Now the games start at 7.

I do remember watching Hee Haw fairly often, and I love All in the Family and The Jeffersons!!!!

Comment

My daughter is thankfully beyond the disney channel now. I could only handle so much Zack & Cody a few years back.

Comment

I'm still stuck with Care Bears and My Little Pony, and Bob the Builder and Thomas.

Comment

No Blue's Clues or Rugrats???

Anyhow.... it's amazing what boredom can do. My Goodreads list of books I want to read (although not on my want to read shelf) keeps expanding..... I think wow, this is a cool title I would love to read one day. Then I look and think to myself how is it going to possible to A) purchase all of these - hello abebooks, B) to find the time to read that many books - going to be a hard thing to do.

Choose wisely I guess.

Comment

I hate to think of the recent update pages of the friends on my list. I just entered another 30+ giveaways! Have to keep entering in order keep winning.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

And I just won another! That makes 3! When I was entering giveaways yesterday, this one got my attention because there were 100 books available and 989 entries. I figured I had a pretty good chance at that one.

http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...iveaway_winner
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Congratulations on another win. I still only have a single win but who knows?

Comment

Well, it seems what they're looking for is someone who will get the book, read it fairly quickly, and then rate and review it. My wins have come one after another. I finish, rate, and review one, and I get another. I don't know how much that wieghs in my favor, but the email makes it clear that they are looking for people who will "play the Goodreads game."

My latest win seems to be a book published in Australia that the company's thinking about bringing to the States.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

And the hits just keep on coming!

#4 http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...-the-caretaker

#5 http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...ents-of-reason
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

That's 5/7, Bree!
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X