Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xiabei
    replied
    Geez, I hate to say it, but at the moment I can't think of any. Of course, there's a lot of good stuff I haven't read yet.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    I totally agree with that! I will have to keep my eyes open for a good copy of Ghost Story - no rush, but still want to grab it.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    The problem with rereading a book is that you risk losing the feeling of the first time and it can lessen the book's power. Not the case for me with GS.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    Ghost Story is one of the books I really want to get my hands on actually.

If You Could See Me Now, by Straub, was a good read too. It would probably make a good movie too - kind of has everything in it, booze, violence, sex, and a pretty good story to incorporate it all.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Ghost Story by Peter Straub seriously freaked me out. When I read it in 1981, Dr. Rabitfoot the Bate brothers gave me nightmares. WHen Ireread the book 30 years later, nightmares had become spine chills, but the book still unnerved me. That's why it is my favorite horror book.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    started a topic Story that honestly creeped you out????

Story that honestly creeped you out????

This spawned as a result of a post I just posted in the "Rate the movie you last saw" thread (or whatever it is titled.)

Has anything you have read truly creeped you out in terms of being a scary read? I am not talking about gross out factor - that's pretty easy to find. I think Phantoms by Koontz was one where reviews had some people saying it truly scared them. I read that one, and as good a book as it was, I wasn't scared/frightened at all. I think the closest recently would have been Prey by Masterton. I want a book that will make a lasting impression as far as being a creepy story.

I am sure it depends on the person reading the book too - different people have differing sets of beliefs, fears, etc.
Working...
X