No announcement yet.

Suggestions for CD limited editions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I know, Simmons has relegated his vitriol to his books and his blog and doesn't actively champion any particular cause beyond those two places (as opposed to someone like Card, who is all over the place).

I can separate the artist from the art to a certain extent - I'm never going to agree with someone 100% of the time - but there comes a point where I feel I have to step back and say "No more from this person." Simmons crossed that line for me, which is unfortunate because when he's not ranting he's a damned fine writer, but I can no longer read anything written by him without thinking "this man is crazy and full of hate." However, there's more than enough good books out there to fill up two lifetimes of reading, so in the end I don't feel I'm missing out on too much.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
      I have not read either of those, but have heard very good reviews on them. I picked up Sandstorm (first Sigma Force novel), but have yet to get to it.

The story line and fast pacing, would be great with the work CD does though.
      All of his books have been great IMO and Amazonia is the book that Rollins says that potential readers should take on first.

Comment

Don't recall this being mentioned before, but I'd love to have limited editions of Greg Iles' books
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

No thanks. I told Brian you can have my copy.
          Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
          LOL! According to Dante Alighieri's The Divine Comedy, the ninth circle of hell IS frozen over!

Shall I ask Brian to put you down for a lettered edition too then Tom?

Comment

First I've heard anything like this with Simmons - guess I'd better check it out. A hate-mongering attitude was certainly not noticed in the 4 novels and 2 SS collections of his I've read. Quite the opposite, really, but I've only read a fraction of his library.

I will not defend Simmons' or Card's personal beliefs beyond they are entitled to have them (as long as they're not shoved in peoples' faces), but I will defend my experience of their writing as legitimate works of art worthy of study - I just haven't yet seen any negative philosophy make it up on-screen and start slapping people around. Tommy makes a great point above of once an author has switched over to activist, his opinions ARE up in people's faces and are fair game - I mostly agree. But if intended as private, personally-held beliefs, hands-off. Having a stupid opinion should not, and CAN NOT, become a crime, for that would spell the end of us all.

Sorry for going off-topic.

Anne Rice - Lives of the Mayfair Witches
            Dennis Wheatley Library of the Occult volumes 9, 13, and 37 (his collections of short stories, Uncanny Tales 1, 2 and 3)
            “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
            -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Yes!!! Witching Hour would make a great oversized limited!!

Comment

Yes it would. Loved that book.

Comment

I would also like a nice limited collection of Joyce Carol Oates horror-tinged stories. Also Ramsey Campbell! A new edition of Alone With The Horrors or something along those lines. I thought Centipede was doing a multi-volume set collecting Campbell's short fiction? Anyone heard anything about that?

Comment

I'd love to see an LE of Mendal Johnson's Let's Go Play at the Adams'.

Comment

Segei Lukyanenko - Night Watch, Day Watch, Twilight Watch, Last Watch

And New Watch, but I haven't read this one and don't know how it fits in. Until a couple of days ago I had thought Last Watch was the last... watch.

Only read a couple of Joyce Carol Oates SS books, but this is an interesting idea.
                      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I think the original Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice needs to be revisted. At least the first 3. Knopf did a no jacket signed set of the first three a while back, but it was not that exciting for a signed edition. That and the 3 Witch books by Rice would make my shelves even happier. Though those shelves are very much looking forward to the King DoubleDay Years!!! LOL!
                        Last edited by bsaenz24; 05-29-2014, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                          I think the original Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice needs to be revisted. At least the first 3. Knopf did a no jacket signed set of the first three a while back, but it was not that exciting for a signed edition. That and the 3 Witch books by Rice would make my shelves even happier. Though those shelves are very much looking forward to the King DoubleDay Years!!! LOL!
                          Easton Press currently has The Vampire Chronicles

http://www.eastonpress.com/books/pro...cm_s=anne+rice

Comment

Rio Youers Westlake Soul deserves a nice limited. It is an amazing book and should receive the treatment of a limited. I still think as a nice series Peter Clines Ex books would make a nice collection. Beyond that I would love to see some of Victor Gishlers books brought to a limited format.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                              Rio Youers Westlake Soul deserves a nice limited. It is an amazing book and should receive the treatment of a limited. I still think as a nice series Peter Clines Ex books would make a nice collection. Beyond that I would love to see some of Victor Gishlers books brought to a limited format.
                              I think Chizine Press did Westlake Soul. I remember shipping them at least and I'm pretty sure they where limited editions.
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Ok. I thought that was a signed PB maybe? If it was a hardbound limited I need to track one down. The author wrote a wonderful story and was actually something both me and my wife really enjoyed reading. That doesn't happen often.

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                                I think Chizine Press did Westlake Soul. I remember shipping them at least and I'm pretty sure they where limited editions.
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X