No announcement yet.

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And in college, I named some goldfish I had "Karl"and "Freddy" after Marx and Engels......
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Stephen who?? I have missed something....

Comment

Hello Cemetery Dance! Good Morning Vietnam!

I've been posting at the Horror Drive-in and the Keenedom. But the Keenedom is shutting down, and like a piece of detritus from a shipwreck I have washed up here.

I'm a horror writer but you've never heard of me. "Is he any good?" you ask. Well, I have five short stories on my blog. You can have a look. They're pretty good if I do say so myself.

First horror novel ever read? The Dark, by James Herbert. First book ever? Same book. Horror taught me that reading can take you everywhere, and up until I read The Dark I was a slow and reluctant reader. I was hooked from then on. I got into King later. Is it true the next Steve King is on this thread? Is that what I read a page ago? Cool. Although when I think of it, the reviews on every horror novel book jacket say that.

Best horror novel ever? Blood Meridian, by Cormac McCarthy. Worst? That book by Snookie.

Anyhoo, I thought I'd de-lurk and say hello. In case my signature doesn't work, I'll give my literary home address: http://iwritehorror.blogspot.com

Have a good evening, everyone!

- Mac Campbell
        http://iwritehorror.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by miki74 View Post
          I really like Odd Thomas, too, but when I started Forever Odd, I just couldn't get into it. I probably need to give it another try.
          Actually Forever Odd wasn't the best of the series, but to get to understand the rest of the books you need to know what happens in Forever Odd, though many disagree with me on that point.
          www.weeklynovelreview.blogspot.com Every Monday I review and critique a different novel.

Comment

Hello, Hello...

Brand new here and I guess the S.O.P. is to introduce myself...

Old man, love horror, what else is there to say?

My favorite genre authors are: Brian Keene, Jeff Strand, Wrath James White, Edward Lee, Richard Laymon, John Everson, J.F. Gonzalez, Kelli Owen, Carlton Mellick III, Bryan Smith, James Newman, Steve Alten, Robert R. McCammon, Andy Deane, Nate Southard, Ronald Malfi, William Ollie, and I could probably go on for a little longer but I think that will suffice for now.

I had some art pieces used for Endsheets in Maelstrom 2 from Thunderstorm books, and pre-reading for an up and coming author.

That's me.

Comment

Hello to Mac and Carcinogen. I'm sure you will enjoy the forum!
              http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Nicole Cushing here...I'm a contributor to the CD anthology In Laymon's Terms and also contributed to last year's John Skipp anthology Werewolves & Shape Shifters: Encounters with the Beast Within. Eraserhead Press published my short story collection, How to Eat Fried Furries.

Currently writing short stories and revising my first novel.

Glad to meet y'all.

Comment

Welcome Nicole!
                  Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Also a belated hello to Mac and Carcinogen as well.
                    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Welcome Nicole, Mac, and Carcinogen! Good to have you!

Comment

Hey, Nicole! We've exchanged the odd word over on shocklines.
                        I can see the Keene migration has begun.
                        http://iwritehorror.blogspot.com

Comment

Welcome, Welcome!!! I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.
                          MDH

Comment

Welcome to all the new members-Keene or otherwise
                            http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Campbell View Post
                              Hey, Nicole! We've exchanged the odd word over on shocklines.
                              I can see the Keene migration has begun.
                              I hung out at the Keenedom in it's earlier days -- but migrated away as social networking got going. I didn't even know about the CD forum until it was mentioned on Brian's blog, though (glad to be here, now).

Nicole

Comment

Hello, my name is Pennywise and I'm an evil clown born from the twisted mind of one Stephen King.

No, fooled you, I'm not actually Pennywise. My name is Marc, I'm 30 years old and I'm Dutch. I've posted on this forum before (not much) but I thought I'd introduce myself properly. To be fair, I'm more of a forum lurker than a poster - there's quite a few forums that I read daily, one of which is thedarktower.org - so I don't know if I'll write here much. I know there are CD discounts that you get if you post often, so I might have to change from lurker to poster . Anyway, I found out about CD after having read about Blockade Billy on King's website (as did many people, apparently) and after that I ordered quite a few CD books. Currently, I'm expecting nine CD titles (The Mailman, Lucifer's Lottery, It, King Blood, Undead, Kin, So Cold The River, The Cypress House and The Ridge) and they probably won't be the last nine. It's quite addictive, isn't it? I'm especially looking forward to It. Even though I could only afford the gift edition it's still going to be an awesome book, I reckon. I read It for the first (and last) time about 18 years ago and it was my first "grown up" book. As a result it is still my favorite book of all time.

One day I'd like to be able to go to work on Monday, arrange a meeting with my boss and tell him that I've had a great time working there but I'm going to have to hand in my resignation because a famous publisher wants to publish my first book and it's going to earn me a lot of money so I'm going to be a full time writer from now on. Ahhh.... dreams, sweet dreams.

Well, that's it for now. Going to continue reading Simon Clark's King Blood (yes, also a CD title...). Will undoubtedly continue lurking, if not writing.

Greetings,

Pennywise.

Comment

Working...
                                X