X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• srboone
    replied
    Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
    ... I'm lucky, he's lucky, you're lucky ... we're all luuucky .
    But the bannister's the luckiest of all!

An official welcome then, Grant! Just don't forget about the Member's Collections section! And be careful when you're jumping to the left and stepping to the right (we middle-agers aren't as agile as we used to be.)
    Last edited by srboone; 10-13-2011, 04:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Sigh ... I finally pulled my head out of the Members Collection forum (as one, two, maybe three of you guys would know ) and see there are other threads I can stick my two bob's worth into ... I'm lucky, he's lucky, you're lucky ... we're all luuucky Okay, Valium's kicked in, nerves settled ... So, I'm Grant, middle aged grumpy old fart from Parramatta, Sydney (Australia), have been reading since about 4 or 5 (my first collection of books was at age 7, when my father brought home an orange crate full of ex-library books, including complete sets of Enid Blyton's "Famous Five" and "Secret Seven" - loved them, although, if read today, they're so politically incorrect it'd bring tears - of laughter - to your eyes). Have been a King fan since I wasn't old enough to see the original "Carrie" in the cinema cos of the rating, so went out and purchased the paperback - and haven't looked back. My goal, mission, passion - nah, obsession, is to collect everything, I mean EVERYTHING King related, with a couple of other bibs and bobs added for good measure (Koontz, Lee, Ketchum, Slaughter, et al) .... I work as an office manager for a wholesale meat company, which is ironic cos I don't like meat so much, work strange hours (my day kicks off at 2am - which works well for jumping online with some of my American cohorts, forum wise). Found CD (like a couple of others) through Blockade Billy, and have been driving Mindy and Kate nuts ever since. Hmm, what else ... Oh yeah, I have a very understanding (in terms of work hours and SK obsession) partner in Connie (who's an artist in her spare time) ... And, finally, I fess up to reading Clive Cussler (bad) and Jackie Collins (worse, much, much worse) when I want reading that I don't have to think about. Good to meet you all (including those, such as Squire, Siep, Tom, Mr Elk, that have already become forum buddies)
    Last edited by Grant Wootton; 10-13-2011, 04:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by TerryE View Post
    My wife keeps asking when I plan on getting rid of them. I tell her never!
    You could just keep telling her you'll get to it tomorrow. When tomorrow comes it becomes today, so tomorrow actually doesn't ever happen I tend to be a smartass, so I like giving this answer, don't think my wife likes it though, lol

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Ron, what makes you think it's a joke? Back in college I worked at a comic book store, so my collection is quite large (mostly DCs & independents from the 80s), and all stacked in long boxes on a couple skids in the basement. My wife keeps asking when I plan on getting rid of them. I tell her never!

And I've been a huge King fan since soon after the 'Salem's Lot miniseries originally aired, so... 1979 (had to look it up).

Leave a comment:

• Ron K
    replied
    Ron, it might be you, Siep, and myself. Siep and I were reading the Donald collections at the same time. And my DC Absolute editions are some of the pride of my collection, but won't stay pristine due to reading them. It keeps me from handling the originals, not that they are convenient to dig out of the boxes anyway.
    This must be someone playing a practical joke on me ... ha ha, real funny!

On a serious note though, those Absolutes make me very happy.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    I'd much rather be a Junior Woodchuck. They have that great guidebook.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Ron, it might be you, Siep, and myself.
    The three Mousketeers....

sk

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Ron, it might be you, Siep, and myself. Siep and I were reading the Donald collections at the same time. And my DC Absolute editions are some of the pride of my collection, but won't stay pristine due to reading them. It keeps me from handling the originals, not that they are convenient to dig out of the boxes anyway.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Welcome Ron!

Leave a comment:

• Ron K
    replied
    Thanks all, appreciate the warm welcome ... and frik51, I saw you mention a Robert E Howard collectors edition. I am a BIG Howard fan, seeing you mention it made me grin.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Love your good taste, Ron!

And welcome!

sk

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Good to have you on board, Ron.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Hi Ron, if you like comics, you have to visit The Overlook Connection, they have just about everything King related you can think of (if you're interested in King). Cosmic Therapy is another good place.
    Anyway, welcome aboard and I hope you have some fun on here!

Leave a comment:

• Ron K
    replied
    Figure it is time to stop lurking

Hi, my name is Ron. I've been lurking here for awhile now and decided it was time to say hello. I have been married 15 years to the best woman I know and have three outstanding kids ranging from 10 years old to 6 months old. I read all the time. I started reading Stephen King, Dean Koontz and Robert McCammon when I was 12 via the books my Dad left laying around the house. I am a big time comic book / graphic novel reader since for as long as I can remember. Comics are really my "thing", the area where I feel most confident in my knowledge, know the most industry folks etc. I have thousands of comics and hundreds of hardbacks ... God help my wife. Frik 51 cracks me up because at times our reading runs very similar ... who else reads Disney collections, Creepy archives etc along with horror and classics? Apparently, I'm not the only one. I've only recenlty started buying Cemetery Dance and honestly it has everything to do with my perception of the company and it's web presence ... well, plus I love horror fiction and collectibles. Anyway, thanks for all the content here - I always enjoy it. Hopefully I can get in on the fun.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Welcome to the forum!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X