No announcement yet.

Ray Bradbury - RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can be sad for awhile, but if believe in what he wrote, he will always be with us.
    MDH

Comment

I heard of Mister Bradbury's passing when I arrived at work this morning. My initial reaction was sadness but not too much thought. As the day has gone I have not bee able to stop thinking about his stories. When I receive Shadow Shows this summer it will be greeted with a heavy heart.

Comment

I feel the same. But Ray titled a story, "Mars is Heaven", so he should be heading to that Red Planet that was in his heart (and that he planted in ours) for so many years.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

It has been a day of reflection for me as well, on a lighter note ran accross this prune commercial featuring him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5NxG_rr5aU
          If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Great!!!

Comment

.As I have said several times in this forum if not for Ray Bradbury I would not be the reader I am today.Sitting up late with a flashlight under the covers reading when I shold be sleeping all because of him.My heart is heavy today.I can't say more..

Comment

Comments on Bradbury's passing posted on stephenking.com:

"Ray Bradbury wrote three great novels and three hundred great stories. One of the latter was called 'A Sound of Thunder.' The sound I hear today is the thunder of a giant's footsteps fading away. But the novels and stories remain, in all their resonance and strange beauty."

Stephen King
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I saw that, and thought Steve hadn't read enough of Ray's novels. I'm guessing he was thinking of Martian Chronicles, F 451, & Something Wicked. But Dandelion Wine was great, as was Death is a Lonely Business.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Orperhps he thinks that only three of the novels Ray wrote are great. He's not naive enough to believe all of his own novels are great.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I agree with that but I do think Mr.Bradbury wrote more then 3 great novels and I wonder if this is an appropriate time to say something like that.Would King fans be in an uproar if another popular author said something like that after he died?Just something to throw out there.I am still bummed about Ray Bradbury but reading his short story collection Bradburry stories between chapters of the current book I am reading (see what are you reading) helps me remember how he could write anything not just SF and Horror and fantasy.

Comment

RIP Mr Bradbury...you will be missed!!

Comment

I remember reading Dandilion Wine..I thought it was a great book!!

Comment

I have never read Dandelion Wine. I have been thinking of re-reading Something Wicked This Way Comes, maybe I will read Dandelion Wine first.
                            Originally posted by tweetygirl0606 View Post
                            I remember reading Dandilion Wine..I thought it was a great book!!

Comment

Dandelion Wine is my favorite of Bradbury's books.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Thought about Something Wiked, so tempting yet I still can't. Its on my list when I finish playing catch up on 50ish years of stephen king. Maybe I should make an actual list since I have no memory.

Comment

Working...
                                X