Ranking System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    Sorry Squire, didn't notice your post count went up over 2k!

But.... Grant's is bigger.
    How do you knowmay be it is not. oh..... you ment posts

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      Thanks, just checking...when the forum first started and we all feeling things out, some of us stepped on a few toes (unintentionally, of course).
      I'm also not opposed to putting to people in a room and letting them beat some sense into each other....
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Can someone explain this reputation thing? I have 12 reputation points. Surely my bad reputation didn't already reveal itself? DAmn it. I paid my dues to other message boards. I did my time. I should have a clean reputation.

And I can give people points?
        "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
          Can someone explain this reputation thing? I have 12 reputation points. Surely my bad reputation didn't already reveal itself? DAmn it. I paid my dues to other message boards. I did my time. I should have a clean reputation.

And I can give people points?
          If you look at the bottom of other people's posts. There's a little star icon. If you click that you can give Positve and Negative reputation to that person for that particular post. So if you make a cool post or something, I can click that and add to your reputation. More reputation points is better. It also goes into the negatives, although I think most people will probably only give out positive reputation points.

Also you will notice that it lists "Rep Power" under your name next to your posts. That shows how many point you giving out reputation is worth. Things like post count, high reputation, being an admin, length of forum membership, and so on, increase your "Rep Power".
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

How bout good hygiene. Do I get any points for that?

Thanks for the explanation.
            "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Okay, I just tried to give you rep points Dan Hocker, but it said I had to spread around the rep points before I could give it to you.

Sounds sort of like herpes.

Comment

Rankings:
                1-10: Lurker
                11-50: Visitor
                51-100: Part-timer
                101-250: Don't I Know You?
                251-500: Regular
                501-1000: Barfly
                1001-2500: Resident
                2501-5000: Jeez, Don't You Have anything Better to do With Your Time?
                5000+: Get a Life, Why Don'tcha
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                  Rankings:

1001-2500: Resident
                  2501-5000: Jeez, Don't You Have anything Better to do With Your Time?
                  5000+: Get a Life, Why Don'tcha
                  Pretty sweet! I'm definitely shooting for the "No-life" rating!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                    Sorry Squire, didn't notice your post count went up over 2k!

But.... Grant's is bigger.
                    Yeah, but to be entirely fair, Squire's had more "genuine" posts than I have ... I upped mine considerably earlier in the piece when I first started posting on my collection thread cos I was having issues on my older type computer when trying to insert multiple pictures of books in a single post (so I found that by posting a single picture at a time it'd not crash on me - then I purchased a new computer and this problem disappeared and would allow me to insert four or five per post). It wasn't intentionally designed to up my post count Nope, I definitely have to say the Squire is the uncrowned Post It Kid of CD

Comment

And, of course, the rewards for these levels are coupons of such stupifying savings that at 2,000 Grant and I should've gotten a s/l of our choice! At 3,000 comes an automatic Early Reader/CDCC memebership for a year. And maybe someone's first born at 4,000!

Ok, maybe not that. I don't know what I'd do with it anyway...
                      Squire, I'm surprised at you -- file the bloody thing alphabetically (although the resale value, I imagine, would not appreciate quite so well as an S/L as the years go by) !!!!!!!!!!!!

191332684138911728kl8jZ0fcc.jpg

Comment

But I did mine intentionally! At least you have an excuse! (though i'm only 60 behind, now!)
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                          Squire, I'm surprised at you -- file the bloody thing alphabetically (although the resale value, I imagine, would not appreciate quite so well as an S/L as the years go by) !!!!!!!!!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4172[/ATTACH]
                          but the Immediate resale value would be astronomical

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4172[/ATTACH]
                            Twisted, Mr. Woot........

Twisted.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                              Well reputation in and of itself doesn't actually effect anything, it's just for fun as far as I'm concerned. As I don't really plan on making it effect anything.

Edit: Worst comes to worst and someone is abusing it, I can take away said individuals ability to give out rep, and fix whoever's rep they messed with, with my super secret admin powers.
                              Cool -- do these powers come with a cape, a mask, a utility belt and a shiny high performance motor vehicle ???

Comment

But I did mine intentionally! At least you have an excuse! (though i'm only 60 behind, now!)
                                I noticed that Mr Boone, you're indeed a prolific poster of prevailing proportion

Comment

Working...
                                X