'Salem's Lot case & Original art by Ned Dameron & Glenn Chadbourne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Anytime Merlin, was wandering in that neighbourhood (Writer's Corner) and saw it there, so figured I'd bring it on home to Mama (awesome art from Glenn, too !!!!)

Leave a comment:

• Merlin1958
    replied
    Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
    http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=%2...eronchadbourne

Hi Merlin - this one wound up posted in the Writer's Corner - figured it'd do better here
    Now how did I manage to do that? Sorry and Thanks!!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Hi Merlin - this one wound up posted in the Writer's Corner - figured it'd do better here

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    happydance.gif

Allllriiiiight Merlin

Leave a comment:

• Merlin1958
    replied
    Love the Dameron vs Chadbourne interpretation of of the Ben / Marsten hanging scene - they're both awesome !!!
    Glad you like it, Grant!!!! I have a feeling there will be more than one "comparative scene" given the story. Though Dameron is out pacing Chadbourne 2 to 1 more or less.

BTW, there is 10 more pieces of Chadbourne up or going up over the weekend.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Love the Dameron vs Chadbourne interpretation of of the Ben / Marsten hanging scene - they're both awesome !!!

Leave a comment:

• Merlin1958
    replied
    There's more "Art" peeks available. Mostly Chadbourne, but there is a new Dameron Piece. There should be approximately 8-10 more Chadbourne pieces by Mon/Tues and Ned has already started on "Callahan vs Barlow" and "The Glick boy" as we speak. In addition, Dick has posted the "conceptual" sketch's by Dameron if you want a "peek into the process"!!!!

Good Stuff happening!!!!!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...463#post679463

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Very sweet indeed Merlin !!!!

Leave a comment:

• Merlin1958
    replied
    New sample art pieces are rolling in!!!! Keep a weather eye out!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Merlin1958
    replied
    23 cases left until 3/9/12!!!! This is such a value for Ned Dameron Art!!!! Don't miss out!!! He has sent "oil" pieces so far, you can't even approach him for oil at less than $250!!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Yup it's going to hold my UK 1st :-)
    Sweet !!! Always good when something fits without needing to use olive oil and a hammer

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Yup it's going to hold my UK 1st :-)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    There was discussion regarding the apostrohy in front of "Salem" being the wrong way. Someone equated it with the "Father Cody" state and dubbed the case the "Father Cody" case. Since I have a "Father Cody" edition I'm gonna get a "Father Cody" case!!! LOL
    Argh !!!! You're doing my head in !!!!

Leave a comment:

• Merlin1958
    replied
    Nah, only the one at the moment Tom (the 2nd state Father Cody) although I'm looking for the 3rd state Father Callahan (a good copy, un-price clipped, is scarce) so will be filling the cases with a couple of early editions I picked up on ABE - the cases are primarily for display purposes, 1st editions I keep behind glass doors. Oh, had a look at the size variances between the US 1st vs the UK 1st and there's a couple of millimetres difference at the top and in the thickness (the UK is slightly bigger, but probably not so much that it wouldn't still fit comfortably in the Dolso case)
    There was discussion regarding the apostrohy in front of "Salem" being the wrong way. Someone equated it with the "Father Cody" state and dubbed the case the "Father Cody" case. Since I have a "Father Cody" edition I'm gonna get a "Father Cody" case!!! LOL

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Soooo jealous that you are goingto have one of each! Does that mean that you have 2 US 1st's of Salem's Lot?
    Nah, only the one at the moment Tom (the 2nd state Father Cody) although I'm looking for the 3rd state Father Callahan (a good copy, un-price clipped, is scarce) so will be filling the cases with a couple of early editions I picked up on ABE - the cases are primarily for display purposes, 1st editions I keep behind glass doors. Oh, had a look at the size variances between the US 1st vs the UK 1st and there's a couple of millimetres difference at the top and in the thickness (the UK is slightly bigger, but probably not so much that it wouldn't still fit comfortably in the Dolso case)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X