Bookworm 1's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    You and all your clownish realitives, Mr. Woot? What would the mother-in-law say? Or is it not possible to shock her anymore?
    Hehehehehe - and, nope, the MIL has been acquainted for nigh on 7 years now - my predilections are water of a ducks back to her nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      You collections coming along nicely, BW--really liking it. How is Williamson's Noichi the Blind? I don't know if it's based on Lafcadio Hearn's "The Story of Mimi-Nashi-Hoichi" from Kwaidan; but I really like that story. It was also the center piece of the movie Kwaidan.
      Yes it is.
      Noichi the blind was part of CD book club #2 in 2008.A very disturbing read.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
        Love those Edward Lee books !!! Nice light family oriented reading that could easily be left on the coffee table for visitors to browse through
        Yea I almost have to read his stuff in the bathroom just incase I get the urge to upchuck..Funny that I always have to get his new stuff right away though.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
          Yea I almost have to read his stuff in the bathroom just incase I get the urge to upchuck..Funny that I always have to get his new stuff right away though.
          Yeah, same here, irresistible urge to purchase each time a new one comes out (have just about finished Lucifer's Lottery)

Comment

Back in 2010 Cemetery dance was getting back on track and catching up on a back log of books.It seemed that every other day a package came in the mail.It was
            also the 100th aniversary of boy scouts.That year they brought back 4 merit badges the boys could earn at summer camp that had been discontinued.One of them was carpentry.My younger son said if dad keeps getting so many books we will have to build a bigger book case.Well I wrote Mindy about this as well as to tell her as I have many times how great CD is to their costomers.She said if we ever built it to send pictures for her to share with everyone.Well I never sent the pictures but this was a
            fun project for my boys and me.Here are the pictures.As you will see I am a huge music fan partial to jazz,as well as a big book collector.

Comment

CNXT0029.jpg

Comment

CNXT0030.jpg

Comment

CNXT0031.jpg

Comment

CNXT0032.jpg

Comment

CNXT0033.jpg

Comment

CNXT0034.jpg