No announcement yet.

Bookworm 1's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. On good reads they have giveaways you can enter. If you win they would like you to review the book but you don't have to.
    Originally posted by bugen View Post
    Awesome, that would be great! I thought Horns was pretty good. Also I'm a huge Little fan (zing) and would have picked it up already but am desperately trying to reign in my impulses on books; I've hurt myself fairly badly over the last 6 months with eyes bigger than my wallet.

I'm on goodreads, barely, but am not familiar with the term 'goodreads win'. Is that when you hit the want to read button, then an author sometimes sends an ARC in exchange for a review?

Happy reading!

Comment

This was great. The Little story is better. The concept of the series is unique. You should check it out.
      Originally posted by bugen View Post
      Cool stuff! Don't think I've read any McKenzie but will have to keep an eye out. Can you let us know what you think of the Little/Gunnells DoubleDown book when you get to it?

Comment

Thanks bookworm, picked it up and looking forward to it.
        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

And After a very long wait.........DSC03398.jpg

Comment

DSC03400.jpg

Comment

And this beauty of a book.DSC03401.jpg

Comment

Did I say beauty...DSC03402.jpg

Comment

The signature page.DSC03403.jpg

Comment

Beautiful!! Can't wait for mine!

Comment

Thanks. The Ruins should be here soon. Looking forward to my matching number.

Comment

Got my copy of A Simple Plan a few days ago and saw people on TDT.org forums complaining about quality of the signature. Mine looks about like yours, kind of SNL-ish. I've not seen his signature elsewhere so I don't know if it's typical of his writing. I, for one, don't really care what it looks like, it's his signature so he can sign it however he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                          Got my copy of A Simple Plan a few days ago and saw people on TDT.org forums complaining about quality of the signature. Mine looks about like yours, kind of SNL-ish. I've not seen his signature elsewhere so I don't know if it's typical of his writing. I, for one, don't really care what it looks like, it's his signature so he can sign it however he wants.
                          Agreed. Their sig is their sig.

Comment

That is how I feel. I just hope it wasn't one of those just get done and out of the way things some authors do. I know he is a bit of a recluse. So who knows the book is still beautiful.

Comment

Once I got used to Joe Hill's printed signature, I can get used to any signature!! LOL!

Comment

Jeff Strand claims to have started the whole author printing their name craze. Whatever. Just like their writing style all have unique signatures.

Comment

Working...
                                X