X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

My Top Three are THE SPEED QUEEN, SONGS FOR THE MISSING, and A PRAYER FOR THE DYING...and in that order. Great stuff.
    That is some great company. I should start this one next week.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Every time I read O'Nan I wonder why he is not a bigger name author. Then I realize that he does not fit into any category and is hard to market, but he can tell a story. My favorite O'Nan story so far is Songs for the Missing. That story really stuck with me.
    My Top Three are THE SPEED QUEEN, SONGS FOR THE MISSING, and A PRAYER FOR THE DYING...and in that order. Great stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Nice new stuff, Martin.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    I have a signed 1st HC of THE SPEED QUEEN, too...a great read, and my favorite O’Nan (and he’s written some brilliant novels).
    Every time I read O'Nan I wonder why he is not a bigger name author. Then I realize that he does not fit into any category and is hard to market, but he can tell a story. My favorite O'Nan story so far is Songs for the Missing. That story really stuck with me.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I have a signed 1st HC of THE SPEED QUEEN, too...a great read, and my favorite O’Nan (and he’s written some brilliant novels).

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Speed Queen by Stewart O'Nan (Alternate title Dear Stephen King)
    So I really love Stewart O'Nan's writing and am a big Stephen King fan but have never read this one. Found a signed first edition to remedy that.

For those that do not know the story Mr. O'Nan originally titled this book Dear Stephen King but Mr. King did not grant permission so the title was changed.
    IMG_1066~photo.JPGIMG_1067~photo.JPGIMG_1068~photo.JPG
    Last edited by Martin; 08-03-2020, 10:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    The first Chapbook from It Came From Beyond Pulp, Distinguishing Features by Kealan Patrick Burke and Illustrated by Corrinne Halbert.
    I will read this next week and am also looking forward to it. I am also very interested in seeing what else It Came From Beyond Pulp produces.
    IMG_1057~photo.JPGIMG_1059~photo.JPGIMG_1058~photo.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Brian James Freeman's latest Patreon Chap Book Lost Echoes Volume One:
    I expect to read this one next week and am looking forward to it.
    IMG_1055~photo.JPGIMG_1056~photo.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Next up is He Who Types between the Rows A Decade of Horror Drive-In:
    Horror Drive In was a website that existed at the periphery of my vision. I believe I visited a few times but it never became a normal stop for me. I somehow missed the Cemetery Dance release of this one but when I found I decided to pick it up. I have read a few pieces in it am really glad I did. I also like the fact that many of the pieces are very short and can be knocked out when I only have a few minutes.
    IMG_1060~photo.JPGIMG_1061~photo.JPGIMG_1062~photo.JPGIMG_1063~photo.JPGIMG_1064~photo.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Time for some nook updates. Not all of these are new but I do not believe I have posted them before.
    First up is Weird Fiction Review from Centipede Press:
    I have to be honest I have avoided buying this because I suspected I would like it too much and end up buying it each year. I jumped in last year to check out Mr. Clinton's Column.
    IMG_1050~photo.JPGIMG_1051~photo.JPGIMG_1052~photo.JPGIMG_1053~photo.JPGIMG_1054~photo.JPG
    So my assessment of my first Weird Fiction Review. Ron's article was very interesting. Overall this book is packed with good non-fiction writing, I am working my way through the non-fiction. There is plenty of fiction that I will eventually get to. Will I continue to buy this? Yes, what I have read so far is worth the price of admission and as I suspected, I need to continue.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

He was fully prepared for me to pay with a card. Of course I did not consider that an option since I had a receipt in my hand telling him I had already paid.
    Right. And image the hassle of trying to get your money back if you had just paid him on the spot.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    OMG that's beautiful Martin!!! Breathtaking!
    Thank you, I keep looking at it. Our home is great room style so it can be seen from most of the living area of the house.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    I tell ya, Martin. You have one helluva time with packages. From taking road trips across the entire country to now this. Thanks for the heads up if I should ever get stuck with a tariff. Hopefully the driver would be able to take plastic.
    He was fully prepared for me to pay with a card. Of course I did not consider that an option since I had a receipt in my hand telling him I had already paid.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    OMG that's beautiful Martin!!! Breathtaking!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    I tell ya, Martin. You have one helluva time with packages. From taking road trips across the entire country to now this. Thanks for the heads up if I should ever get stuck with a tariff. Hopefully the driver would be able to take plastic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X