No announcement yet.

Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve always admired the Arthur Darknell double and wish I would’ve picked that up when it came out.

Comment

Wow! Great stuff. Love that LRB collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        I like both the penguins and the books as well. The only Lonely Roads book I have is The Exorcist (thanks, CD grab bag!), but I would like to get my hands on more. The Arthur Darknell double and The Vampyricon are high on my list.
        See that is what I get for skipping some grab bags. The Exorcist is the only one I need. Both The Arthur Darknell double and The Vampyricon are worth acquiring!

Comment

Originally posted by daverob View Post
          I’ve always admired the Arthur Darknell double and wish I would’ve picked that up when it came out.
          It is a really nice edition, now to figure out where I put it.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            Wow! Great stuff. Love that LRB collection.
            Really looking forward to adding the Blatty screenplays and Gwendy to the family!

Comment

Congrats on the fall. LRB make top notch books.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                Congrats on the fall. LRB make top notch books.
                I am currently testing myself to see if I can hang on to the remaining Gift Certificate value until the next Lonely Road announcement. Probably wont happen but I can dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  I am currently testing myself to see if I can hang on to the remaining Gift Certificate value until the next Lonely Road announcement. Probably wont happen but I can dream.
                  Wait, are CD gift certificates good on LRB books?!

Comment

Wait, are CD gift certificates good on LRB books?!
                    Yes, and other publishers books sold through CD.

Comment

Yes, and other publishers books sold through CD.
                      Ahh, ok. Yes, I've used gift certificates on other publisher's books offered through CD. Your post made me wonder if you could buy directly from LRB using a CD gift certificate. I get nervous waiting for CD to offer other publisher's books because every time it happens I'm afraid CD won't offer the book and it'll sell out before I get a chance to buy one. And every time I'm wrong of course.

Comment

Ahh, ok. Yes, I've used gift certificates on other publisher's books offered through CD. Your post made me wonder if you could buy directly from LRB using a CD gift certificate. I get nervous waiting for CD to offer other publisher's books because every time it happens I'm afraid CD won't offer the book and it'll sell out before I get a chance to buy one. And every time I'm wrong of course.
                        LRB does not maintain there own commerce sight, they partner with CD.

Comment

LRB does not maintain there own commerce sight, they partner with CD.
                          LRB is kinda a CD imprint. It's not really that, but that's probably the easiest way to think about it.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Received my October Nocturnal Reader's Box and have to say I like the contents:

A sow candle 'inspired by Something Wicked This Way Comes'.
                            P1370027.jpg
                            There were three flavors. I received 'Raspberry - Sugar - Vanilla'
                            The tie into Something Wicked is a stretch. They named the candle Carnival Calliope.
                            That said, it is a quality product with a nice scent.

Cool Nocturnal Reader's Box sticker:
                            P1370028.jpg

Cool I Love Horror bookmark:
                            P1370029.jpgP1370030.jpg

Iron patch from The Ring:
                            P1370031.jpg

Probably my favorite trinket this month is the beer glass from Ibis and Jacquel's Funeral Parlour from American Gods:
                            P1370032.jpg

Comment

October Nocturnal Reader's Box Continued:

OK, I said in the last post that the American God's Beer Glass was my favorite item. But, I could say that this month's Pin is my favorite as well. The Raven from Edgar Allan Poe:
                              P1370033.jpg

One of the better art prints I have seen from them as well:
                              P1370034.jpg

This month they did a t-shirt. Everything about this screams that I should love this. It is based on a 'Bachman' book 'The Long Walk' which I love, it is designed with a retro look which I love.
                              P1370035.jpg
                              I get the intent to make the shirt look like a shirt you would have been given as a participant in a marathon in the 70's. The art just does not work for me. I understand and applaud the effort, just did not work for me.

Family Photo:
                              P1370024.jpg

Comment

October Nocturnal Reader's Box Books:

Another strong month of book selection.

Previous release 'Cold Moon Over Babylon' by Michael McDowell:
                                P1370037.jpg
                                An author and book I have heard good thing about. Happy to add this to my TBR.

There are two new releases this month.
                                The Valancourt Book of Horror Stories - Volume Two:
                                P1370036.jpg
                                When they announced they were using Valancourt for this month and looked at the website and really hoped this would be the new release. I love collections!

This month they included a 1st edition hardbound book as well.
                                'What the Hell Did I Just Read' by David Wong:
                                P1370038.jpgP1370039.jpg
                                Between Cemetery Dance and Nocturnal Reader's I now have the full trilogy in my library. I guess I will have to read them soon.

P1370026.jpgP1370025.jpg
                                Last edited by Martin; 10-15-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X