Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Love Dark Forces! What an awesome addition! Congratulations!
    I am so happy to have added that one to my collection!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      What's the differences between the last four on the right, Martin?
      I will list them all left to right:

IDW Signed Limited
      Subterranean Press Signed Limited
      UK 1st/1st Flat signed
      US 1st/1st flat signed
      US 1st/1st Signed sheet tipped in by publisher
      US ARC flat signed
      US 1st Paperback edition with Gingerbread cover

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        Martin, well done, nice adds!
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          That sucker is a beast!
          I was expecting a large book and was still surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            I will list them all left to right:

IDW Signed Limited
            Subterranean Press Signed Limited
            UK 1st/1st Flat signed
            US 1st/1st flat signed
            US 1st/1st Signed sheet tipped in by publisher
            US ARC flat signed
            US 1st Paperback edition with Gingerbread cover
            Thanks!

Comment

Absolutely killer additions Martin! Great job with the photos too.

Comment

Love what I see here, Martin: congratulations! My head's still spinning...Dark Forces....One of my holy grails for sure!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                  Love what I see here, Martin: congratulations! My head's still spinning...Dark Forces....One of my holy grails for sure!

sk
                  Dark Forces is a brilliant production. I love all of the Lonely Road productions!

Comment

Next is IDWs Limited edition of NOS4A2.

This one was a tough one for me. I was very reluctant to pay $150 for a book produced by IDW, especially for a book I have several versions of. When I saw it available for $127 I decided to jump. Actually I am pleasantly surprised with the quality of the book. My only criticism is that the slipcase is too tight. SOmeone on another thread asked for some interior shots of the book rather than more art images so here goes
                    That was my request, so I really appreciate you helping out a fellow WA'tonian by posting these interior shots. I'm in the same boat...I already have the S/L Sub Press (in special slipcase) and have limited shelfspace, so am trying to find reasons NOT to buy it, especially since it's still available at a good discount. These pics didn't help my resistance. ;-)

Question: are all the pages glossy, or just the full-color arts pages? Can't quite tell from the pics (and I'm not familiar with IDW's typical production values).

R.e. SKELETON CREW: Very nice...I toy with picking up a copy, if only to have some sort of limited production of THE MIST.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Hi, would you be able to tel where you got NOS4A2 for $127? BTW I've been eyeing Dark Forces for while now...great book!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                        That was my request, so I really appreciate you helping out a fellow WA'tonian by posting these interior shots. I'm in the same boat...I already have the S/L Sub Press (in special slipcase) and have limited shelfspace, so am trying to find reasons NOT to buy it, especially since it's still available at a good discount. These pics didn't help my resistance. ;-)

Question: are all the pages glossy, or just the full-color arts pages? Can't quite tell from the pics (and I'm not familiar with IDW's typical production values).

R.e. SKELETON CREW: Very nice...I toy with picking up a copy, if only to have some sort of limited production of THE MIST.
                        Only the full color art is glossy, this includes all of Wraith. Had I not picked this one up I would have regretted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Julzz View Post
                          Hi, would you be able to tel where you got NOS4A2 for $127? BTW I've been eyeing Dark Forces for while now...great book!
                          I picked it up from Midtown Comics http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/d...e+Edit_1488637
                          It is still at that price. My first purchase from them. Quick shipping and very well packed.
                          Last edited by Martin; 02-04-2016, 06:50 PM.

Comment

I picked it up from Midtown Comics http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/d...e+Edit_1488637
                            It is still at that price. My first purchase from them. Quick shipping and very well packed.
                            Midtown Comics is pretty solid. They've been around for a long time and, while I haven't ordered from them in a long time, every time I did in the past I always received good service.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                              Absolutely killer additions Martin! Great job with the photos too.
                              Thanks, I actually did not have much time to do the photos right so there are a few with too much glare.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

sk
                                Thanks Siep, really pleased to have been able to add Dark Forces.

Comment

Working...
                                X